December 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-D384962-8988-4999-BDB0-C158-AF74-E299.jpg
I picked up this auction lot lot for $68 all up today. The Aristocrat No66 set doesn’t have the world’s best case but the razor itself is in great nick. There’s also a Bengall celluloid handle straight in there too without chips or rust.

Done, I now have 7 x M7 brushes, in all hair types. The synthetic Chubby 3 was a bargain at $100.​
Lovely brush collection and as recent recipient of a budget Trafalgar T3 I can admire the Simpson class and elegance :)

I'm delighted with this vintage after shave lot. :)
From L to R; Avon Trazarra, M & W Tabac, Faberge Brut, Avon Excalibur, Shulton Old Spice, Helena Rubenstein Tang
y4medZtYNh9tmzTrP-w21KCFKc1ny5ZgFUiepsn94asjiJyVBjDAWa9-Er3lBh-dV9TlWrLvu30ZO-CNdUBRwO9ijwNxm1Bfzktn_xlGVCR5M3JIWaadFVp533BV1QTpWU_w13pKvVB6K_RaQhRupevxDpBn25Qr9iRtM7pxLCydzG_3fVBInM3IU50B7_I9icn
Just make sure those vintage aftershave doesn't cause the old swags to go wild and out of control, otherwise, you'll never escape.

giphy.gif

I'm delighted with this vintage after shave lot. :)
From L to R; Avon Trazarra, M & W Tabac, Faberge Brut, Avon Excalibur, Shulton Old Spice, Helena Rubenstein Tang
y4medZtYNh9tmzTrP-w21KCFKc1ny5ZgFUiepsn94asjiJyVBjDAWa9-Er3lBh-dV9TlWrLvu30ZO-CNdUBRwO9ijwNxm1Bfzktn_xlGVCR5M3JIWaadFVp533BV1QTpWU_w13pKvVB6K_RaQhRupevxDpBn25Qr9iRtM7pxLCydzG_3fVBInM3IU50B7_I9icn
Very nice - great score (y).

My tenth Gold Dollar W59 arrived this morning.
full

I will bread-knife out the smile and hone it up tomorrow.

Of the previous 9 of these, the first cracked while being honed (operator error) and seven were made into a matching seven-day set, engraved in Chinese. That set was later almost given away to a Chinese friend of mine.
full

Now I have two.These SR's can look intimidating but I thoroughly enjoy shaving with them. I keep the toe sharp and pointy. Good for shaving in those difficult areas like inside the nostrils and ear canals.

I might post a thread on my setting up of this new SR.

Status
Not open for further replies.