December 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Santa's just been..... a quiet knock at the door, nobody there when I answered.... looked down and this was sitting on the door step!!!

WP_20171209_11_30_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20171209_11_25_51_Pro.jpg

Bugger, those couriers have stuffed up again I’ll be around to grab it from you. Sorry for the inconvenience

Thank you - 44 years younger!

With your recent good fortune I bet you are smiling ear to ear - that is such a fantastic Timeless set, I'm really happy for you and look forward to catching up in January at the Sydney meetup :)
So a happy 30th with 14 years experience is due.
Hope you enjoyed it with your loved ones there to celebrate with you. :)

rvmm5A2.jpg
75rf3vC.jpg

Blackland Blackbird Long handled SB polished - taken with a less than adequate camera phone as this arrived while I am at work.

I have wanted one of these for a fair while now after reading reviews from people who have extensive high end DE collections and experience. I recently had the chance to look at the regular length handle Blackbird that @Snooze acquired and the workmanship, design and finish was just flawless. The handle is truly innovative, the grip and feel from the channels running along the handle is an exceptional design concept and implementation, the top cap design is very stylish and streamlined.

My personal preference generally is for long handled razors, specifically the Long Handled polished SB model which they stopped making a while back so obtaining one has proved harder than I anticipated. After a fair few months of searching purely by chance a friend in the US decided to let his go after picking up a BBS-1 so I jumped at the opportunity.

A late birthday present for myself :)

Its a beautiful razor to hold, and has an incredible balance and feel, I really look forward to shaving with it after such a long search.

Got this today. I have two more parcels in the mail. I'm actually hoping it will be Thursday and Friday as it would be cool to have a parcel (3x US, 1x UK, 1x Aus) come in each weekday unplanned. Chypre Rose Concerto smells amazing and even if I don't finish this tub I think I'll be getting another it WK does another release.

QL2Zktc.jpg

(The Lifesavers were in the box, so I thought I'd include them in the picture)

Got this today. I have two more parcels in the mail. I'm actually hoping it will be Thursday and Friday as it would be cool to have a parcel (3x US, 1x UK, 1x Aus) come in each weekday unplanned. Chypre Rose Concerto smells amazing and even if I don't finish this tub I think I'll be getting another it WK does another release.

QL2Zktc.jpg

(The Lifesavers were in the box, so I thought I'd include them in the picture)
@Kaeckerut welcome to the Wholly Kaw donkey milk fan club brother ;):happy:
BvhRWjL.gif

I’m not keeping it all Tom if it makes you feel better :) I’ve put 150ml up for sale in 30ml decants on the UK forums. £40 to the door in a 30ml glass atomiser bottle.

XX85yFk.jpg
Now there’s an idea - nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.