December 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collage_2017-12-14_13_13_08.jpg

Following naturally on from Creed, here's today's wild find. Unopened. $8.50.

As I already have one of these, I think I should save this one for the upcoming Perth meetup...

rvmm5A2.jpg
75rf3vC.jpg

Blackland Blackbird Long handled SB polished - taken with a less than adequate camera phone as this arrived while I am at work.

I have wanted one of these for a fair while now after reading reviews from people who have extensive high end DE collections and experience. I recently had the chance to look at the regular length handle Blackbird that @Snooze acquired and the workmanship, design and finish was just flawless. The handle is truly innovative, the grip and feel from the channels running along the handle is an exceptional design concept and implementation, the top cap design is very stylish and streamlined.

My personal preference generally is for long handled razors, specifically the Long Handled polished SB model which they stopped making a while back so obtaining one has proved harder than I anticipated. After a fair few months of searching purely by chance a friend in the US decided to let his go after picking up a BBS-1 so I jumped at the opportunity.

A late birthday present for myself :)

Its a beautiful razor to hold, and has an incredible balance and feel, I really look forward to shaving with it after such a long search.
Gorgeous razor @todras - trust me, you won't be disappointed - looking forward to your thoughts :)

Gorgeous razor @todras - trust me, you won't be disappointed - looking forward to your thoughts :)
@todras the same, congratulations. Stunning looking razor and hope it shaves that way too. The OC scares me but the SB looks smooth as. The oxide one looks awesome too. (y)
Know what you mean @todras as I like a bit of length also around the 90-100mm is my mark depending on the size and weight of it :spitoutdummy:

rvmm5A2.jpg
75rf3vC.jpg

Blackland Blackbird Long handled SB polished - taken with a less than adequate camera phone as this arrived while I am at work.

I have wanted one of these for a fair while now after reading reviews from people who have extensive high end DE collections and experience. I recently had the chance to look at the regular length handle Blackbird that @Snooze acquired and the workmanship, design and finish was just flawless. The handle is truly innovative, the grip and feel from the channels running along the handle is an exceptional design concept and implementation, the top cap design is very stylish and streamlined.

My personal preference generally is for long handled razors, specifically the Long Handled polished SB model which they stopped making a while back so obtaining one has proved harder than I anticipated. After a fair few months of searching purely by chance a friend in the US decided to let his go after picking up a BBS-1 so I jumped at the opportunity.

A late birthday present for myself :)

Its a beautiful razor to hold, and has an incredible balance and feel, I really look forward to shaving with it after such a long search.
That sure is purdy @todras - Congrats.

Without any doubt whatsoever the smoothest shave I have ever had and a BBS to boot. Using the razor was really second nature for me, thoroughly impressed.

Without any doubt whatsoever the smoothest shave I have ever had and a BBS to boot. Using the razor was really second nature for me, thoroughly impressed.

Sounds like I NEED one ...

Sounds like I NEED one ...

Before anyone goes too crazy, the razor delivers a mid-aggressive level of shave which is not for everyone. If you are not used to the angle and design, some people have reported they really struggled getting a good shave with them i.e. especially getting the razor dialed in. It's the same type of deal with the Timeless, it is not for everyone.

For me though, it was incredible.

Thanks @lerenau for bringing Leviathan to the meet up. I wouldn't have bought it without smelling it first :).
Also thanks @Mark1966 for bringing the APR splashes. It convinced me to buy Lightning Ridge which is my favourite out of the bunch.

(Also @todras for making awesome scents :LOL:)
I'm so glad you liked it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.