Delivery delays from O/S - Maggard Razors

chilliman64

... bring the fattened calf and kill it.
hi all,

I ordered a few razors from Maggard on 12th November. they arrived in Oz 4th December according to the tracking app.

I did (very) politely enquire with Maggard and they referred me to the tracking app - I just wanted to see if they had been contacted by the carrier or the item had been returned. I understand there may be Covid and Christmas delays however given their arrival here over three weeks ago I think it's time for me to start getting a bit concerned. I'm not sure there's anything I can do to locate them or sort out any issues if any exist so maybe I just need to be patient and wait, but they're razors, you know what I'm going through...

Quite normal these days and unless it's returned to Maggard (which doesn't seem to be the case here), it's out of their hands now. Often most of the delay happens in Oz.

You can contact the delivery service and they may be able to do something about it or just patiently wait, as hard as it is. I've bought some honing stones from a US vendor , probably a week after your purchase and I don't have them yet, either.

Some packages are filtering through, even via USPS, but expect a long wait (2 months or more). If the tracking stays at a dead end for weeks and you've given up hope, you could always ask PayPal for a refund if Maggards are being uncooperative.

you could always ask PayPal for a refund if Maggards are being uncooperative.
Do this and expect to be on Brads Blacklist for future.

Reality is they have hundreds of orders daily and most likely any tracking he can see, is all you can see. It’s a global pandemic at the end of the day. Retailers are not the bad guys. Lack of patience because we’ve been Molly-coddled for so long has harmed society.

How long did our grand daddy’s wait for overseas shipments?

Um just a thought. If it is now with Australia post, how about raising a query with them. It can be done online. I have always found once I have done this the package mysteriously starts moving.

Yeah wouldn’t worry about it.
I had stuff atrive in aid after a month and still waited another month and a half near on to get it once at the border.
It’s extremely hard but forget about it and stop watching the tracking for a while😄

thanks for all the advice P&Cers. package still not arrived - I"ve written to Maggard again. based on their response I may need to contact Paypal, hopefully my reimbursement window is not closed.

Reactions: Hos
Just a FYI, notification on my Planet Express dashboard:

Carrier updates, Jan 18, 2022 02:10 pm

Dear customers, We have a quick update regarding the logistics with all of our carriers:

• FedEx is experiencing delays nationwide
  • DHL is doing slightly better with not many delays
  • USPS is having some delays as well
  • Aramex is having big delays connected to their operations
Most of the delays are due to carriers being understaffed, which is caused by rising numbers of Covid19 cases nationwide.

Last edited:
Reactions: JVS
Here in the Philippines, both USPS and the UK’s Royal Mail are very slow (I’m being polite) but UPS, DHL and FedEx seem to be operating as normal.

One UPS package from Saponificio Vareniso arrived after 5 days transit last week, and Razorock arrives quickly too via DHL. The shipping costs were very expensive though.

thanks for all the advice P&Cers. package still not arrived - I"ve written to Maggard again. based on their response I may need to contact Paypal, hopefully my reimbursement window is not closed.
The normal window for PayPal is 180 days, so you've got plenty of time. International packages, especially from US are usually (though not always) slow, but typically once they arrive in Australia you don't usually have to wait more than 10 days. The carrier service Maggards used ought to be able to account for the handoff of your package, and enquiries from the sender usually bear more fruit than enquiries from the addressee. Last time I ordered from them (a while ago) my package took 3 months to arrive, and I didn't have a choice of carrier (otherwise I would have picked DHL).

If their carrier can't or won't account for it, Maggard's are responsible for having shipped with them in the first place. Never mind being on anyone's blacklist, it's your money, and you're entitled to a refund if your package has been lost. There's no reason why you should have to bear the loss.