Difficult not to put this in the acquisitions thread

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
as it is an acquisition and means I can't afford to be buying any new shaving stuff for a while now.

Internode and iinet have finally made it to Darwin, and installed their own DSLAMS, which means I can get internet again!

After some very nasty business with them a few years back I have been determined to give them as few of my hard earned dollars as possible, and have refused to even deal with their wholesale internet products even if it has been a pain in the arse to me.

So now four years down the line I can finally get home internet, and experience adsl2 for the first time.

I've gone for internode easy naked (calm down, its just an internet plan), and have splurged on one of the fritz!box modems. I am really looking forward to having a decent connection again.

I feel the same way about my internet connection as Homer does about Cable.

Never had a problem with iinet myself, been with them 12+ years from dial up days, no drop outs, virtually zero down time at their servers.

Did once look at other plans from Optus and Telsta, but reading the fine print (and you have to), there was no way I was going to get actual ADSL2 speeds even though I'd be paying for it. Can't remember why exactly, but it was bolox all the same.

Never had a problem with iinet myself, been with them 12+ years from dial up days, no drop outs, virtually zero down time at their servers.

iinet seem to own or have taken over all the good older isps now. netspace, westnet, internode, froggy and probably many others all fall under their umbrella.

If I hadn't moved to and lived in regional Australia for the last 8 years or so, I would more than likely have happily stayed with any of the above.

We used to be with a few oddball providers when the internet really started going balistic and they invariably stuffed up, went broke or were taken over by the big boys. I'm more than happy to be with one of the big boys (iinet) now. I'm sure there will always be healthy competition in this market.

I don't think there are the problems in capital cities that there are elsewhere.

In Cairns when I lved there, and until two days ago in Darwin, the only option was Telstra or re-sellers of Telstra as they were the only company with hardware in place (DSLAMS).

Now that iinet and Internode have set up their own dslams here I can get a reasonable deal again and not feel like I am selling my soul to the devil (apologies to any Telstra employees that frequent here).

I had ADSL with Westnet in Karama. It was awesome as ADSL2 was not even in most Capitals yet.

Oh and +1 for not using Big Pond - I assume that's what you mean, as Telstra Business broadband is a totally different creature.

Big Pond is dreadful.

I've been with iiNet for 7 years now since I have been in Perth and have only ever had to call them once.

Last year - and this is a true story - I wrote them an email and told them how happy I was with their service over the years. Never got anything other than a thank you, but then I didn't expect anything. I just think people are too quick to expect flawless service 24/7 and whinge like Poms when they don't get it. So props to a company when they do have great service and product, such as iiNet.

I must admit to some trepidation when hearing the rumour that TPG are agressively buying shares in iiNet...I hope that isn't true!