DIY Smoothing Post Shave Splash

Discussion started by SpeedyPC, Feb 23, 2018.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

G'day P&C,

Found this on youtube which is very cheap and easy to do and will save you money.

DIY recipe is so effective and soothing to minimize razor bumps, razor burn, irritation, and skin breakout.

2. Drubbing

Drubbing 110% Smiley-Free

Can't be fucked watching his vid, but I'll say this anyway. He's got a beard.

Kaeckerut, tim33z, Benjamin and 5 others like this.
  3. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

[​IMG]

Rami, Kaeckerut and Razor Burn like this.
  4. Drubbing

Drubbing 110% Smiley-Free

If I want good advice about marriage and birth control, I'm not going to ask a priest, but they'll tell me anyways.

gabba32, SpeedyPC, tim33z and 5 others like this.
  5. nav1

nav1 Active Member 2018 Sabbatical Fail

@SpeedyPC
    Have you tried out the recipe yet?

Also, I didn't watch the video. what is the recipe?

I've been using anherb aftershave conditioner for the last 8 years as my sole post shave and nothing soothes the skin like it...a few minutes after application, it feels like I haven't even run a blade across my face!!

Razor Burn likes this.
  6. Ferret619

Ferret619 Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs 2018 Sabbatical

Isopropyl alcohol works well.

Razor Burn and Blackie like this.
  7. tullfan

tullfan Member 2018 Sabbatical

Well done Speed

Razor Burn, SpeedyPC and RustyBlade like this.
  8. SpeedyPC

I'm going to try these above today, and I'm off to shopping.

1 bottle of T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent, you can get them in most chemist stores and Priceline Pharmacy for around $6 or $7 per bottle for 240ml.
    1 bottle of Tea Tree Oil and add 5 or 6 drops into T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel
    1 bottle of Lavender Oil and add 10 drops into T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel
    1 bottle of Peppermint Oil and add 10 drops into T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel
    Give it a good shake, that's it, easy peasy ;):happy:

9. Greenpike

Greenpike Member

He's actually quite an interesting barber / hairdresser vlogger. Very hipster-friendly with pipe smoking philosophy to boot.

But to save money on this method, I'd be not using bucket-tonne of already purchased product. Lol.

RustyBlade likes this.
  10. RustyBlade

RustyBlade Member 2018 Sabbatical

That is actually quite doable besides the contents separating.
    Though, you forgot the menthol to my and @borked dismay :cry:

Razor Burn and borked like this.
  11. nav1

nav1 Active Member 2018 Sabbatical Fail

Haha
    Yes...very true indeed!!
    Penny wise, pound foolish is a phenomena I've succumbed to...like trying to push blade further whilst buying a whole load of crap!! :D

gabba32 and Greenpike like this.
  12. Korbz

Korbz Member

I may need to discuss some menthol crystals with @borked (or try to find a compound chemist locally that can help). Going to try this as not a fan of the Dicksons witch hazel by itself.

Razor Burn likes this.
  13. SpeedyPC

I've got the Tea Tree oil today from my local chemist and I remember I've got six different scents of Thayers Witch Hazel alcohol-free full-size bottles, I've 5 drops of Tea Tree oil for each bottle and give this a good shake, the 10ml size bottle cost nearly $6 and last a very long time.

[​IMG]

Razor Burn, Kaeckerut and RustyBlade like this.
  14. beerhog

beerhog Member

Pretty much any vape supplier will have menthol crystals in stock.heres one for you.http://www.juicefactory.com.au/tpa-tfa-menthol-crystals/

15. Kaeckerut

Kaeckerut Member Grand Society

How did you find it?

Also just a warning, but some oils can react with plastics. I was trying to clean a label off a sample container so I could reuse it. Used some eucalyptus oil and it started dissolving the plastic.

Razor Burn likes this.
  16. SpeedyPC

I haven't bought eucalyptus oil, I only bought tea tree oil and I have no issue with plastic otherwise this would be a worrying issue with eucalyptus oil

Maybe @todras would be able to help which eucalyptus oil doesn't dissolve the plastic

Razor Burn likes this.
  17. Kaeckerut

Kaeckerut Member Grand Society

I'm not sure if there is different eucalyptus oil, wouldn't they all be the same? I think it was the quality of the plastic, as I've used the same eucalyptus oil to clean labels off of other plastics fine in the past.
    Looking online there are posts of it happening with tea tree oil too.

Anyway, I was actually asking if you found the tea tree improved on the Thayers?

Razor Burn and Korbz like this.
  18. SpeedyPC

The tea tree has improved on the Thayers only if the bottle is almost full and you only need 5 or 6 drops no more, give it a good shake and always shake the bottle of Thayers before you apply to your face.

After about a week or two you'll notices your face feel better.

Razor Burn, RustyBlade and Kaeckerut like this.