Do I really want a Progress?

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Well...it's shiny, and it's a vintage one. Complete in it's set too.
But, do these old buggers shave OK, or are the newer models better (I'm thinking about the worn out old casting molds that Merkur finally threw out).
Did I mention shiny?
Sure it's good looking but if it shaves similar to rubbing my face with a pineapple then maybe it's not for me.
Seller wants $120NZ (about $110AUD). That's 1/2 the price of a new stainless R41.

Well...it's shiny, and it's a vintage one. Complete in it's set too.
But, do these old buggers shave OK, or are the newer models better (I'm thinking about the worn out old casting molds that Merkur finally threw out).
Did I mention shiny?
Sure it's good looking but if it shaves similar to rubbing my face with a pineapple then maybe it's not for me.
Seller wants $120NZ (about $110AUD). That's 1/2 the price of a new stainless R41.

Just keep repeating shiny shiny very shiny as you push the buy button Even the teeth of the zipper are shiny. Shiny you know what to do

Legit lost it at that comment, you've made my day, thank you! :ROFLMAO:

As for the razor, it's a nice looking one. Do you care for adjustables or will it be a collection piece? If you want to use it, maybe make them a lower offer and see if they bite. You are taking a risk on it if it shaves like a pineapple (I haven't heard anything bad about them to be fair but YMMV)