As the misses and me do all our banking and a lot of or shopping online
I talk on forums
and my misses uses facebook and that
we always seem to be putting in passwords
so after a bit of research I thought a vpn was the way to go
I would like to hear your thoughts

Cheers
Paul

Interesting question - who did you sign up with?

And may I extent this question to everyone who is using a VPN - who is your VPN provider and are you happy/unhappy?

Interesting question - who did you sign up with?

And may I extent this question to everyone who is using a VPN - who is your VPN provider and are you happy/unhappy?
I signed up with express vpn
The speed is the same as before it allows me to get around geofencing on international sites
military grade encryption (even Scomo can't see me it says)
after three weeks I must say so far I am very happy
I went with Express as they have the best reviews and the least taxing on your internet speed
Paul

Not sure about using a VPN from home (I use one for work) but for password management get a password management app (lastpass, 1password etc) to securely keep track of passwords

Not sure about using a VPN from home (I use one for work) but for password management get a password management app (lastpass, 1password etc) to securely keep track of passwords
Another one one of the reasons I went for a vpn provider is my trend micro software is intercepting more than a few key stroke logger viruses
My wife is Thai so she goes to a lot of asian websites most have come from there
So what is it misses one??
Paul

I used Avast SecureLine VPN with my Avast Premium Security anti-virus together along with AdGuard Premium, Malwarebytes Premium and Lastpass.

I've been using Avast for nearly 16 years without any issue on my laptop, I also have Avast SecureLine VPN on my iPhone as well, IF, I need to used the free internet Westfiled wifi.

Last edited:
I too use Express. Been with them a couple of years and happy with the speed/service ( I can still hit 140Mbps down and around 100Mbps up when connected to through their Oz based servers).
Used PureVPN before that, again great speeds etc and on the whole they were ok but they had some issues with customer traffic logging and disclosure of same to authorities which put me off them.

I also currently use SmartDNSproxy which is a great work-around for any Geo blocking you may experience.

Not sure a vpn will do much for your password concerns.....as @SpeedyPC says above, a good AV is key, along with good web discipline. Avast have a great reputation. I use their AV products and have done for many years. If you are overrun with remembering passwords, then a password management app (as per @Davec36 above) may also assist

I too use Express. Been with them a couple of years and happy with the speed/service ( I can still hit 140Mbps down and around 100Mbps up when connected to through their Oz based servers).
Used PureVPN before that, again great speeds etc and on the whole they were ok but they had some issues with customer traffic logging and disclosure of same to authorities which put me off them.

I also currently use SmartDNSproxy which is a great work-around for any Geo blocking you may experience.

Not sure a vpn will do much for your password concerns.....as @SpeedyPC says above, a good AV is key, along with good web discipline. Avast have a great reputation. I use their AV products and have done for many years. If you are overrun with remembering passwords, then a password management app (as per @Davec36 above) may also assist
My trend micro has a password manager that I use is this also protecting the passwords?

Not familiar with trend persay, but they are a big player so one would assume so.....

Browsers such as chrome have password management built in nowadays. It can be a bit daunting trusting them, but if you arent visiting seriously dodgy sites and have a decent AV running you 'should' be ok....

Torguard for Proxy and VPN with personal US IP address for streaming. TGLifetime50 or something like that is a code to get half price bundle. Proxy is great if using peer 2 peer as you put into torrenting program, and if VPN drops out you're protected (or u can just use proxy by itself if you want extra speed).

VPN won't help password stuff. Just make sure you're using complex passwords for valuable information, and not the same one for everything. There is a website that an ex-IT security person (Troy Hunt) set up to check if your password has been exposed from one of many hacked sites. https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords

I used Avast SecureLine VPN with my Avast Premium Security anti-virus together along with AdGuard Premium, Malwarebytes Premium and Lastpass.

I've been using Avast for nearly 16 years without any issue on my laptop, I also have Avast SecureLine VPN on my iPhone as well, IF, I need to used the free internet Westfiled wifi.
Also forgot the AdGuard has a proxy control which is a great to work-around for any Geo blocking. I have NoScript addon extension into my FireFox browser, that’s all.

Torguard for Proxy and VPN with personal US IP address for streaming. TGLifetime50 or something like that is a code to get half price bundle. Proxy is great if using peer 2 peer as you put into torrenting program, and if VPN drops out you're protected (or u can just use proxy by itself if you want extra speed).

VPN won't help password stuff. Just make sure you're using complex passwords for valuable information, and not the same one for everything. There is a website that an ex-IT security person (Troy Hunt) set up to check if your password has been exposed from one of many hacked sites. https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords
For my passwords I use the password generator in trend micro they make no sense at all but that for the best I guess
Not familiar with trend persay, but they are a big player so one would assume so.....

Browsers such as chrome have password management built in nowadays. It can be a bit daunting trusting them, but if you aren't visiting seriously dodgy sites and have a decent AV running you 'should' be ok....
Their seems to be a lot of suspect asian sites because the trend micro is going off all the time when my misses clicks on links
Paul

ExpressVPN for about 4 years now.... excellent service and support via their 24/7 online chat window if you have any issues :)
I have their config set straight into my modem/router so the whole household is protected.

ExpressVPN for about 4 years now.... excellent service and support via their 24/7 online chat window if you have any issues :)
I have their config set straight into my modem/router so the whole household is protected.

This raises an interesting question. With the old net gear I was able to set up the VPN in router and assign it to specific static ips (could put my us ip to the tv for example if there was ever a need), while leaving the rest through normal. Wondering with ubiquiti if you could set up a Wi-Fi network with VPN so any device connected to that wifi network would be going through a VPN.