DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

Discussion started by the_shaving_sailor, May 17, 2017.

1. the_shaving_sailor

the_shaving_sailor Member 2018 Sabbatical

sipping on the wedding left overs.
    Thanks to my little brother
    [​IMG]

alfredus, SpeedyPC and Mark1966 like this.
  2. Ferret619

Ferret619 Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs 2018 Sabbatical

Currently I'm drinking random white wine, it's been in the fridge for months and I'm out of scotch.

the_shaving_sailor likes this.
  3. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Member

Sippers or Gulpers??

4. the_shaving_sailor

Shhh! Hahaha nah just sippers tonight

5. Jameson on the rocks. Very nice.

SpeedyPC likes this.
  6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

[​IMG]
    Bruichladdich The Laddie Ten 10yrs Old 50% :happy::joyful:(y) sippers...straight with no ice

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Anthony Hunter likes this.
  7. Ferret619

Ferret619 Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs 2018 Sabbatical

Now I'm drinking OJ on the rocks

8. the_shaving_sailor

My usual go to

So when's the tasting night at speedy's? I'll bring the aged truffle cheddar

Fook yea vitamin C!!

Ferret619 and SpeedyPC like this.
  9. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

@the_shaving_sailor I love your sense of humour ;)(y)

Ferret619 likes this.
  10. SpeedyPC

@Drubbing I've never heard of Aberlour Single Malt Scotch Whisky? what's the aroma and flavour like from the whisky?

Cheers ;)

11. Drubbing

Drubbing 110% Smiley-Free

It's a sherried whisky. Double casked into Oloroso casks for a given time I think. Could be wrong. Not a 'typical' Speyside, this is sweet and spicy. The bottle says chocolate and cinnamon. Definitely cinnamon, but I taste sweet caramel and red apples - definitely a bit of alcohol fuelled toffee apple thing going on. A good buy when Dan has it around $50

I'm a bit shit on flavours, I either like it or I don't and tend to be a quaffer, rather than a sipper.

the_shaving_sailor and SpeedyPC like this.
  12. SpeedyPC

That's okay @Drubbing because I'm like you as I'm not very good detecting aroma and flavour from the whisky? If you really enjoy the smell, flavour and also the taste of the whisky that you like that's all it matters in the world just enjoy what you really like best. As long as you don't get drunk too soon and stick to your limited on how much you drink in moderation (y) and be :happy:

13. the_shaving_sailor

Thinking about buying the $35 flights to NZ jut to get the 8L duty free

littleaussiebleeder likes this.
  14. beerhog

beerhog Member

Last night I had a bottle of cantillon gueze. Its very hard to get hold of these days so I took my time and enjoyed every single drop.

15. eggbert

eggbert is full of Vision Collision 2018 Sabbatical 2017 Sabbatical Da Menth Heads

16. Schweppes Sarsaparilla (see if you can pick the reformed bourbon-swilling alco!)

17. the_shaving_sailor

18. What? Do you mean that New Zealand only pays you thirty five lousy bucks to go there??? :eek::arghh::grumpy::woot::punch:

19. UKSteve

UKSteve doesn't like banners