DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

I find it REALLY smooth- this could be a problem.

No wonder it’s pulled from the market.

Those Japanese keep the best stuff for them selves. Unlike here

No wonder it’s pulled from the market.

Those Japanese keep the best stuff for them selves. Unlike here
If you have a liquor boss local to you they stock it.... I actually went in for a bottle of Hennessy..

Tonight to celebrate Liverpool wining the Title after 30 years i will be drinking Blanton's Straight from the Barrell plus many other bourbons.

245385-big.jpg

I know I'm bland, but I'm a big fan of Glenfiddich. I'm logged into work and sipping on an 18 year old whilst having 4 racks of pork ribs slowly cooking on the smoker.

Apple and Cherry wood chunks, with 3 little pigs basting about to go on in an hour or so when I wrap the ribs up

Wife and little ones wanted "dads smoked ribs" for dinner. Who am I to say no!

To be fair, I'm also puffing on a Monte Cristo as well. It's my smoking meat routine :)

Tonight it's Gin.
Roku gin from Japan...if you like flavour this is the one to get.
A very nice wee drop.
For tomorrow night...probably Roku gin again.

how do you drink it?

Tonight to celebrate Liverpool wining the Title after 30 years i will be drinking Blanton's Straight from the Barrell plus many other bourbons.

first title in 30 years and celebrated in an empty stadium.. enjoy while it lasts cos it’s going back to the red half of Manchester next season :)

Some cold wet afternoons I am taken back to just last Christmas when we were in Vienna (yes, my wife and daughters didn't get their deposits back on the mugs) -

SzECJpBh.jpg

Gt0jgN6.jpg

Relaxing after a stressful day. I'm wanting to try out Brandy and Cognac and this is my first time trying Cognac. I'm not counting in cocktails and cooking. This was the the drink that broke the Dry July drought.

First impressions were that you could have told me it was whisky and I wouldn't have known otherwise. 😜 Maybe that was partly down to it being first drink in a month.

I think I'm getting a bit more of a taste for the subtleties but still very much a novice. Happy for any suggestions for next ones to try without getting too fancy.

Anyway sipping on a cool night with the patter of rain on the roof is very pleasant indeed. Have a great weekend everyone!

Gt0jgN6.jpg

Relaxing after a stressful day. I'm wanting to try out Brandy and Cognac and this is my first time trying Cognac. I'm not counting in cocktails and cooking. This was the the drink that broke the Dry July drought.

First impressions were that you could have told me it was whisky and I wouldn't have known otherwise. 😜 Maybe that was partly down to it being first drink in a month.

I think I'm getting a bit more of a taste for the subtleties but still very much a novice. Happy for any suggestions for next ones to try without getting too fancy.

Anyway sipping on a cool night with the patter of rain on the roof is very pleasant indeed. Have a great weekend everyone!
giphy.gif

Loving some of the recent international releases. PYCM St Aubin Premier Cru homage a marguerite ‘18

SMWS 33.138

And I’m contemplating Vieux chateau certan tonight.

Happy Clapping poonce :)

I should only drink with my new boots on then?

Be careful what you say mate - Ninja will do many things for a little Japanese whisky ... :)