DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

Not having ever seen a day without bad news, I guess I should be a total pisshead by now.

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

To which particular news do you refer?
giphy.gif

Not having ever seen a day without bad news, I guess I should be a total pisshead by now.

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

To which particular news do you refer?

News that cannot be discussed on the forum, due to sensitive political undertones. I will just enjoy my whisky. Not a bad drop this one.

News that cannot be discussed on the forum, due to sensitive political undertones. I will just enjoy my whisky. Not a bad drop this one.
Ah. The kind of thing that gets my posts "moderated" into the bin. I've lost count of those issues long ago... :rolleyes:

I only became aware of Eagle Rare after watch the Netflix series Heist and the episode on Pappygate.

Now I cannot afford Pappy van Winkle and while W.L. Weller Special Reserve is allegedly the closest, Eagle Rare is also mentioned.

i3Qtr0El.jpg

Not bad!

Next ...

Came up in a Nicks promo email -

OkpjVeYl.jpg

How could I resist the World's Best Whisky (or should they have said Whiskey?)

YS2xpFkl.png

Yeah I just pop all 4 and it’s like a revolver.
I don’t talk to my lawyer enough so I thought this would be a good ice breaker.
Actually in Canberra we have these fancy cans with two settings, open or closed.

Last edited:
thought I’d try a local stout
A8nRKFIl.jpg

Lol wut
Q83xUUbl.jpg

and I’m drunk
I'm seeing a lot of interesting beers appearing in cans these days, and I guess I can live with that if I must. (I still prefer bottles, though.) But I do get grumpy at that unnecessary use of those non-recyclable plastic whatsits to keep them together. What's wrong with a bit of cardboard?

I'm seeing a lot of interesting beers appearing in cans these days, and I guess I can live with that if I must. (I still prefer bottles, though.) But I do get grumpy at that unnecessary use of those non-recyclable plastic whatsits to keep them together. What's wrong with a bit of cardboard?
I totally agree, cardboard would be better.
Our local shop has a soft plastic recycling deposit bin so that helps a bit but I haven’t checked which this needs to go in.

I totally agree, cardboard would be better.
Our local shop has a soft plastic recycling deposit bin so that helps a bit but I haven’t checked which this needs to go in.
My local tip/recycling centre just chucks those thingies into a landfill bin. Bottles get recycled directly: collected in a big skip and ground up by Hazell Bros for roadbase.