DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

I guess I'll just start at the top and work my way down the list 🤣

Why not - that is just the order we have drunk them.

Some good, some not so much.

I’ve had maybe only 4 of those.

Very blessed to have a bottle shop at the markets where I shop with an extensive international selection.

hqLW9jd.jpg

Teeling, Irish and Australian collaboration. Jim Barry Shiraz cask. A pretty smooth drop.
Nice to see a drinking thread here. Happy New Year once again
Nice! Where did you pick that up?

Ooh. :oops: It's slightly scary to see just how many beers on that list I actually have tried. Though some of that comes from having spent a lot of time living in the UK, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands.

I was in Brussels in late summer of '15 at the time of their annual beer festival, held at Brussels Grand Place. At the entrances to the Square there were big signs several feet high and wide listing the beers available in small print. I estimated there were about 400 of them. Admittedly, probably the worst as well as the best, but it was pretty daunting. (I thought I might have a picture, but it seems I don't.) Unfortunately I was working, so didn't get to spend time sampling, but in retrospect probably just as well. :rolleyes:

I'm getting an Urquell under my belt (does elastic waistband count?) right now, as it happens... :woot:

Received this as a generous gift last year. I’ve decided it’s time to crack it open tonight. Nice burn, slightly peppery, light oak, ginger, stone fruit. Not overly complex but very enjoyable. Made using Australian weeping grass (like rye). From the Adelaide Hills. Cheers

D3RGbEc.jpg

Last edited:
What dram is everyone having for Burns Night?
Me, Aberlour 18
I hadn't realised it was such an auspicious occasion. Mine tonight is one I haven't had for a few years, but always loved: Ardbeg Uigeadail ("oogie"). No age statement, but it doesn't need one. At over 54% ABV, it has plenty of authority, but delicacy and finesse to match, a real classic ballsy Islay malt.

OOPS, I knew I missed something ...

I'm telling you that this was LAST night - I forgot to post!

nn4ZRD8l.jpg