DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

To drown my sorrows on missing out to @SpeedyPC and to freak out @alfredus -

ByAR9wjl.jpg

Ooh, I haven't tried that one. London Pride and ESB were my pints of preference when I was living in London, but I gather their range of products has expanded enormously since then.

I am so glad I grew up in Vienna...Czech Pilsner, Bavarian Wheat Beer or beautiful Austrian Lagers...(beer) life was so good 🍻

Ooh, I haven't tried that one. London Pride and ESB were my pints of preference when I was living in London, but I gather their range of products has expanded enormously since then.

Yeah, this got a 4 from me and 8 from my son - one of the most polarising we have scored

Interesting. What was the reason for your low score? (Suspecting your response might be "inadequate hopping"...)

Too much malt for me, heavy and syrupy sweet taste.

Hmmm, sounds like overuse of crystal malt. It's a useful ingredient, but too much is just lazy recipe formulation.

By way of comparison, I gave London Pride 5 and my son gave it a 6 :)

By way of comparison, I gave London Pride 5 and my son gave it a 6 :)
London Pride has to be pumped from the barrel (not pressurised) to bring out its best. Same for ESB. They're not really made to be enjoyed as bottled beers.

On that note, I'll offer a suggestion (much closer to home) that does work well from the bottle: Goodieson Brewery (SA). Jeff Goodieson was one of several people who made me very welcome in South Australia where I knew nobody during my extended exodus from WA to TAS. He makes a range of superb beers, nearly all of which are designed at the outset for the bottle.

Hmmm, sounds like overuse of crystal malt. It's a useful ingredient, but too much is just lazy recipe formulation.

Well crystal malt is certainly an ingredient as listed here:

An exceptionally fine, strong ale of immense character and finesse. Powerfully flavoured with toasted orange and dried fruit notes throughout, it has an intense, lasting finish

Brewing Notes
Type – Ale
Size – 500ml
Abv – 8.5%
Malts – Pale and Crystal
Hops – Target, Goldings, Northdown, and Challenger
Allergy Info – Contains Barley

I've seen a few Belhaven brews available at several bottleshops here. Like @Mark1966, I wouldn't go out of my way to find them, but they're preferable to most of the pap that's available as domestics. IMO, I think SA might be the only state with a halfway decent domestic (Cooper's).

52206013891_43798b58c4_c.jpg

A few cold ones for Nick Kyrgios to win Wimbledon final tonight!!

I’ll drink a few extra for all the haters - that’s for both players might I add. It’s been unreal. Journos and other haters alike are in for a rough night tonight.

52206013891_43798b58c4_c.jpg

A few cold ones for Nick Kyrgios to win Wimbledon final tonight!!

I’ll drink a few extra for all the haters - that’s for both players might I add. It’s been unreal. Journos and other haters alike are in for a rough night tonight.

drink one for me then … :)

I’ll be watching paint dry