Education and schooling

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Each year I try to take a course of some description in a subject I’m not well versed in, I took last year of to welcome the Bub into the world (excluding the required continuous required learning to maintain licenses and the like) but this year I’m looking at getting back into it and was wondering if anyone else here does similar?

I don’t but I know I should.

My CCNA is up for renewal mid year. Have no desire to go through that exam again so I am starting the CCNP Cert train this week and will sit the ROUTE exam in 2-3 months. Also going to formalize some other Microsoft skills by backing them with certifications this year.

I try to do something whether a formal tertiary qualification or a simple online Wordpress course (really fun and useful)

Next tertiary is likely to be a doctorate - just have to wait for the wife to do hers as it is her turn!

While I’m sure it will get me a ton of cool guy points, I’m looking at doing some mathematics which down the line I’d like to undertake a degree-
It will of cause be painfully slow as it would be very part time...

I don’t but I know I should.

My CCNA is up for renewal mid year. Have no desire to go through that exam again so I am starting the CCNP Cert train this week and will sit the ROUTE exam in 2-3 months. Also going to formalize some other Microsoft skills by backing them with certifications this year.

Nice, ill get my wife to call you the next time we have an internet outage!

Even if you can't fix it, you will be able to confuse her with acronyms!

Geez Ferret, that's the only job our (NZ) PM ever had. You could go far!
Interesting to compare the political arena between your and our fish and chips working female politician :p

So this year I have completed a diploma in procurement and contracting and later in the month I’m doing a Cert 4 in ICT specific procurement.

Probably good to get qualified since I’ve been doing it a while..

Control a level 2 Incident coming up this month.

I did Planning Officer back in 2016, seems like a lifetime ago. Have managed planning for a few events.

I try to do something whether a formal tertiary qualification or a simple online Wordpress course (really fun and useful)

Next tertiary is likely to be a doctorate - just have to wait for the wife to do hers as it is her turn!

Still waiting for my wife to finish her PhD before I get stuck into more formal study. These things take a while ...

Still waiting for my wife to finish her PhD before I get stuck into more formal study. These things take a while ...
My wife finished her PhD 12 years ago, but I've no intention of pursuing a doctorate in biotech, though I've been told the offer's open. I have been thinking of just starting a grad dip in mathematics though, just for fun.

My wife finished her PhD 12 years ago, but I've no intention of pursuing a doctorate in biotech, though I've been told the offer's open. I have been thinking of just starting a grad dip in mathematics though, just for fun.
Undertaking study just for fun would be fine if it weren’t such a costly exercise these days. Grad Cert/Dip cost a pretty penny. Think of all the shaving gear that money could buy…

Undertaking study just for fun would be fine if it weren’t such a costly exercise these days. Grad Cert/Dip cost a pretty penny. Think of all the shaving gear that money could buy…
You have a point. But I probably have enough shaving gear for another lifetime. On the other hand, I could buy quite a lot of whisky with that... :unsure:

I could just do the study anyway, and forget about the formalities of doing it through Uni. I don't need the piece of paper.

I could just do the study anyway, and forget about the formalities of doing it through Uni. I don't need the piece of paper.

Better man than I!

I need the discipline of assessments and formality