Eeep!

Discussion started by eggbert, Mar 16, 2018.

1. eggbert

eggbert is full of Vision Collision 2018 Sabbatical 2017 Sabbatical Da Menth Heads

[​IMG]

First rains from it just starting to hit Darwin now (3pm Friday 16th)

2. Rami

Rami Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

3. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail

May the wet shaving force be with you @eggbert (y)

4. Sticky

Sticky Just 17 days and then... 2018 Sabbatical Fail

Stay safe up there.

5. eggbert

eggbert is full of Vision Collision 2018 Sabbatical 2017 Sabbatical Da Menth Heads

To be honest a Cat 1 cyclone shouldn't be too bad. Although I have never experienced a direct hit before, Yasi and Larry were probably more violent despite the eye of both storms being quite a distance from Cairns (where I was then living).
    A few years ago a friend of mine didn't even realise there was a cat one on top of him, and wondered why the servo was closed when he went out to buy smokes!

RustyBlade and Sticky like this.
  6. glenos

glenos Member 2018 Sabbatical 2015 Sabbatical

My Dad spent a lot of time in Darwin and once drove from Darwin to Howard Springs during a cyclone, power lines down around him. To check my grandmother had his Harley Davidson out if the rain.

RustyBlade likes this.
  7. Korbz

Korbz Member

We were in a caravan in Yeppoon in 1986 when Winifred crossed the coast. I was only a young fella but still remember the ordeal.. Wasn't something I'd want to do again with kids (and we were a long way from where it crossed).

8. RustyBlade

RustyBlade Member 2018 Sabbatical

I was going to say harden up princess. Cat 1 or 2 Sheesh!
    Though @Korbz is right. I too lived up there and went through three cyclones.
    Don't be complacent even if low category as a bloke down the road lost his roof and injured quite bad in a Cat 1

Errol and Korbz like this.
  9. Errol

Errol Member

Nice and quiet in Nhulunbuy at present. Looks like we will be lucky with this one.

10. RustyBlade

RustyBlade Member 2018 Sabbatical

@Errol just keep those Paradigm razors safe. Absolutely my favourite at present :love:

11. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

I've been hit by a mini cyclone/tornado twice in Shitney.
    Ince @ Bunnings Bankstown, causing some roof and wall damage and the other at (far)Kurnell, which bsically destroyed most of the area to some extent.
    A category 1 souldn't be too bad, just secure anything that you can lift so it doesn't end up as a projectile and stay away from windows/trees.
    Check if your generator works and have everything charged/new batteries.
    Water, water and more water.

Oh and someone needs to step it up a notch... ;)

12. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

13. eggbert

Do you know Rick, the coffee roaster and all things apple geek?

14. Errol

Errol Member

Do you know Rick, the coffee roaster and all things apple geek?

Can't say I do know Rick or for that matter know of any coffee roasters. Our coffee trailer has moved on.

Looks like the old Darwin copped a bit of devastation in the blow. From what I've seen and heard mainly trees and power lines as one would expect. The cyclone building code seems to have done its job. Hope you pulled through without too much damage.

15. Errol

Errol Member

just keep those Paradigm razors safe. Absolutely my favourite at present

@RustyBlade. You should see the Ti2. A real work of art, that hexagonal handle with chevrons really pulls my strings, polished to perfection and just feels so nice in the hand. Haven't used it or the 17-4 yet but they both get A+ for looks. Looking forward to the single edge being released. Did hear a rumour that the next Ti2 release may have a round handle. Hope it hasn't so I don't have to buy one of them.

RustyBlade likes this.
  16. eggbert

Fair enough, seeing how small a community Gove is becoming I thought there was a chance you might have run into him.
    Yeah, the building codes mean there want much damage to buildings from what I hear, but the policy to plant mahogany trees every where because they are fast growing trees should be under review very soon.
    Someone really didn't think back when that decision was made after Tracey.

RustyBlade likes this.
  17. Errol

Errol Member

Those mahogany have no substantial root system and grow so big; as soon as there is a blow, over they go.

RustyBlade likes this.