English Blazer

Sxot

Artisan Producer
I'm back in Vic Point (Brisbane) assisting my mother. (Are gonna have a meet up already?) I was in her local chemist getting some scripts filled for her and as I have done in the past visited their men's section.

They have a great selection especially for the small size of the joint including an range of about 6 tabac products (no shave soap though!? and why doesn't the other products smell as good as the shave soap?).

Anyway, I tested a couple fragrances as you do and instantly loved an EDT "English Blazer". It wasn't until a couple of hours later I realised I had done this twice before and forgotten, so I went back about bought some. $44!

It seems to have been around a while and was apparently developed by Yardley in 1989 and sold on at some stage. Now I know nothing about scent but I was surprised to learn its predominantly citrus, yet nothing like a citrus I have know. If you'd asked, citrus is not a word I would have used to describe it.

Top Notes
Lavender, Mandarin, Lemon
Heart Notes
Cardamom, Clove, Bay, Basil
Base notes
Mosses, Sandalwood

(Stolen from basenotes.net)

Anyway, just excited about a new scent and wanted to share, even encourage you to seek it out and try but of course the same scent will vary depending on the skin it's applied to.

Keep stink'n pretty.
/Sxot

Yardley did do shave soaps to match their EDT etc.
Might get lucky, happy hunting :)

Yardley did do shave soaps to match their EDT etc.
Might get lucky, happy hunting :)

You mean like this -

Was it any good??? Guess I'll try and fine one! Thanks.

Soap is great, haven't tried the aftershave lotion or 'invisible' talc yet

You mean like this -

Soap is great, haven't tried the aftershave lotion or 'invisible' talc yet
Yes and I was hoping you would contribute that image to this thread to illustrate my point :)
Thank you.

Yes and I was hoping you would contribute that image to this thread to illustrate my point :)
Thank you.

Happy to oblige.