Excellent service.

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Just call me Ferret “flabbergasted” 619 gents!
I have been on the receiving end of good service!
Two brands have been fantastic and those are camelbak and klean kanteen.
I was given a camelbak eddy at work about a year back and the detent for the mouthpiece has lost its pizazz, bit loose not retaining as well as it might, I emailed camelbak to see if another lid will fit the thread of my bottle and they are just sending me a different lid more suited to what I want, no proof of purchase not even a picture of the issue sent...amazing service.
Boy oh boy do they have a fan in me right now!

Second, a small child knocked my wife’s Kleen kanteen off a small table (under 2 foot high).. the stainless steel lid split almost the entire circumference of the lid leaving a sharp ring, being so new I emailed them, again, perfectly happy to just replace it, express postage outta Sydney, no worries at all. Bit disappointing it broke at all but nevertheless brilliant service.

The level of service from these big companies is pretty bloody good, I’m usually a big ol grump but this left me totally amazed, not in this market but typically I buy artisanal to support local and quality service but now I just donno..

I only use Camelbak Podiums on my bike for good reason. Best on-demand squeeze valve out there. Reliable, self-cleaning, and generally awesome. Their 'Chill' insulation helps, add a few ice cubes to the bottle before filling it with already chilled water or mix (electrolye or sports), and it stays cold for a good 1.5-2 hours on the bike in summer depending on ambient.

And yes, they could have just said yes and sent you off to buy a new cap (which they do sell separately). Camelbak service is generally excellent, there are a number of companies like this with 'consumable' components often long after the average life of the product.

The Kleen Kanteen seems to be a manufacturing issue or fault for such a small drop. Nice to see them step up to the plate without quibbles. The Consumer Guarantees these days are pretty strong and the forward-thinking companies would prefer to spend a little to have you buy their stuff for life. Certainly better than having to complain on FB or twitter to get a response. I am happy to give these companies my patronage when I find or hear about them and especially when their products are superior.

Same reason I go to Artisans in the Wet-Shaving industry - generally their products far out-perform the supermarket or premium brands. Plus you can often email them and the guy that makes it replies to you, treat them with respect and you usually get a very pleasing response. Just like the golden rule here - don't be a dick.

I've had similar experiences with Samsung monitors/tvs. My entire household is all Samsung screen products, and always recommend them based on my experience. I can articulate if anyone wants to know, but their customer service department has gone out of its way to help out on several occasions, with very little impact to me (no dropping off here, waiting for RA evaluations etc.).

I loved nalgene for a long time but camelbak is the way forward.

My only gripe with camelbak is that they don’t yet have a standard stainless bottle, when camping/general wilderness living having the ability to boil water in a bottle is a good thing.

You mean like south of the lake? That wasteland down there ;)
Yep, no one selling hipster beard water or what ever it is you northsiders are drinking :)

Actually I’m not sure what side I come down on..
Get Ebola from south side water or get what ever lives in hipster beards... either way it’s no good

Last edited:
Bose were fantastic when the right speaker stopped working on my QC25 Noise cancelling headphones. Only 26 months old and never mistreated or even roughly handled in any way. I was pretty peeved thinking about having to pay for repair or even potentially having to buy a replacement, and dreading an having to deal with resistance from the company in making things right (yes I'm looking at you Apple and Sony).

Anyway right from the word go they couldn't be more helpful. The representative was fantastically professional throughout. Found my serial number and told me to send it in for replacement. I'm guessing it's a known issue as I saw other mentions of this online. Fantastic phone manner too, asking "may I put you on hold" etc, quickly making the decision to replace with new and setting things in motion while I waited, confirmation emails with reference numbers and postage labels to print. Then update emails through the whole process saying they received my package, sent the replacement, and then message from courier day before delivery. Received them today brand new and perfect!

Honestly the best customer service experience I've received in a long time. So I went from being really aggrieved and disgruntled to feeling the warm and fuzzies toward them. Now while I might not quite be a customer for life, I can’t help but be favourably disposed in future purchases. Why can't more businesses be like this?