Fatboy stuck adjustment dial

Well I gone done it now. Sprayed some CLR, put in ultrasonic for a run, forgot about it as took daughter out for a babycino. Some of the plating on the handle came off. Still stuck. I give up. I’ll shave with it tonight and see how it feels. It might be ok in its stuck gap.

Well I gone done it now. Sprayed some CLR, put in ultrasonic for a run, forgot about it as took daughter out for a babycino. Some of the plating on the handle came off. Still stuck. I give up. I’ll shave with it tonight and see how it feels. It might be ok in its stuck gap.

I'll admit that there is NOT a Fatboy available, but maybe this is a sign that you need to spend your hard earned when you can guarantee what you will be receiving AND support a good cause, maybe somewhere like the Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 -

Opening for bidding: 12 noon, Sunday 17 October

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26 sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies, including a few surprises.

Start checking out the lots as we release them here.

How many Fatboy's reside with you @Mark1966 ?
Maybe one is itching to move on?

As for @OP what does the bottom of the handle look like or what date is it?
May luck out and have one that is easy to disassemble, which may be an option to figure out WTF is going on.

How many Fatboy's reside with you @Mark1966 ?
Maybe one is itching to move on?

As for @OP what does the bottom of the handle look like or what date is it?
May luck out and have one that is easy to disassemble, which may be an option to figure out WTF is going on.
All good. Both @Ferret619 and @Mark1966 have offered to give fixing it a crack, so I’ll offer up this stuckboy to them and see if they can work any magic. And thanks to @Holiday for offering his fatboy at a good price which I accepted.

It’s a G2 so it has the crimped end which will require knocking it out with a 5mm socket for disassembly.

...two ATC folks offering the same option for you, are you sure it's not a stitch up? ;)
danger-will-robinson-lost-in-space.gif

danger-steveerwin.gif

Puhlease, no Gladys Binchicken talk!
That's one deep hole best left alone...

Looks like the fatboy is coming to the capital.
@borked random question, do you still have a supply of the splash APR with your namesake? In my clean up I found a little.

Looks like the fatboy is coming to the capital.
@borked random question, do you still have a supply of the splash APR with your namesake? In my clean up I found a little.
A finite supply that is reducing too quickly for my liking...

Seller got back to me and said she didn’t know about the razors function but assumed that I would have asked since I was interested 🤦🏻‍♂️ She insisted that as per the ad it was “in perfect working order” as it can still shave and she was not to know its full functions. I argued she listed it as a fatboy which meant there was some inkling or research about it but I was hitting a brick wall at that point. She offered a $20 partial refund and I took it.
PM Me

I have used G96 gun treatment for a daily shaver where appearance was not as important as the shave. you will have to judge whether or not to use it but if you have an adjustable that won't adjust and is stuck on the wrong setting you either you will need to sell it or keep working on it. these products will shift gunpowder, copper, lead, brass, other residue so I'd recommend the less-is-more approach. G96 also has a stronger product called Crud Buster - do some online research as this might be reserved as last option.

MP-7 Pro has no ammonia and would be a good one to consider a little less harsh http://m-pro7.com/products/gun-cleaner/. Hoppe's is another good brand.

I'd suggest a product that can be used on polymers. gun cleaners are safe on plated firearms but razors would have thinner plating.

if you try any of these solutions and strip the coating from your razor don't blame me, as I said earlier it is best if you do some online research and then test in a small inconspicuous spot.

Last edited: