Favourite Sandalwood Balm/AS ?

albra

I've been using Proraso Green post shave, however i feel like it clashes with the scent from the TOBS Sandalwood cream.

Can anyone recommend their favourite Sandalwood scent that you like to use as a Balm / AS ?

This thread is relevant to my interests. So far I only have the fine santal absolut and I absolutely love it! I'm keen to try the proraso red splash soon too, because that's pretty much my favourite scent so far (the soap I mean, I haven't tried the splash yet). Hopefully some of the other gents pop in with some more suggestons :)

This thread is relevant to my interests. So far I only have the fine santal absolut and I absolutely love it! I'm keen to try the proraso red splash soon too, because that's pretty much my favourite scent so far (the soap I mean, I haven't tried the splash yet). Hopefully some of the other gents pop in with some more suggestons :)
Thanks @thisISjoel.

I was looking at both the Santal Absolut and Proraso Red splash.

I thought I read somewhere that the Proraso red had a bit of a 'synthetic' sandalwood scent.
Hopefully someone can share their experience with it?

I enjoy Sandalwood scents too - the Fine Santal Absolut is a cracker and I recommend the TOBS Sandalwood Aftershave - not too overpowering (its easy to overdo the sandalwood scent). Would go well with the TOBS sandalwood cream.
I have tried the Proraso Red splash - it smelled exactly like the soap, but did seem fairly strong - I prefer the TOBS.

From what I have heard, real Sandalwood is very expensive these days and most manufacturers use some form of synthetic version, which does not come close to the real deal...

OSP uses real Sandalwood as far as I know, but has no balm and can't ship the matching Tonic outside the UK :(

I read it's supposed to be a match for AoS Sandalwood, is it close in scent?