Feather AS-D2 now on Massdrop

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Massdrop are listing the Feather AS-D2 now.
Currently at $144US but drops to $134US after 6 people take up the drop.
Not a bad price for a AS-D2?
The drop lasts for another 6 days.

Massdrop are listing the Feather AS-D2 now.
Currently at $144US but drops to $134US after 6 people take up the drop.
Not a bad price for a AS-D2?
The drop lasts for another 6 days.
Depends on shipping costs, but $200 aud will still be cheap.

Are these the feathers that shave just like a tech?

Depends who you talk too. That wasn't my experience. I found it much more mild than a Tech, but paired with a Feather blade, much more efficient.
More efficient than a tech with a feather?
I find it hard to seperate the weight from the geometry at times when it’s such a large difference

Are these the feathers that shave just like a tech?
Yes....The feather AS-D2 head is exactly the same as the Gillette Ball End Tech and a Gillette Fat handle Tech, you can get the Gillette Tech at least 75% cheaper than the feather AS-D2 if you know where to look online.

Depends who you talk too. That wasn't my experience. I found it much more mild than a Tech, but paired with a Feather blade, much more efficient.

I would agree with this, a very, very mild shave but none the less a good one. Obviously a Feather blade seats ideally in these razors, it's the perfect fit of Razor for people who need or like a mild shave and I also think it's a very nice looking razor.

I would agree with this, a very, very mild shave but none the less a good one. Obviously a Feather blade seats ideally in these razors, it's the perfect fit of Razor for people who need or like a mild shave and I also think it's a very nice looking razor.
How do you find the extra weight in a mild shaver?
I find that I prefer a heavy razor but my face likes a mild head... no idea why but blue tips, low set adjustables and techs give me terrific results.
I do use aggressive razors too like my straights, wide open adjustables, R41 and so on for a bit of variety but the milds mentioned just seem efficient and comfortable.
I imagine feather would be all over this

How do you find the extra weight in a mild shaver?
I find that I prefer a heavy razor but my face likes a mild head... no idea why but blue tips, low set adjustables and techs give me terrific results.
I do use aggressive razors too like my straights, wide open adjustables, R41 and so on for a bit of variety but the milds mentioned just seem efficient and comfortable.
I imagine feather would be all over this

Well, I don't have the AS-D2 any more as I got rid of mine a fair while ago. I found the AS-D2 too mild and fairly light-weight which is not my preference at all. I really like to have something with a bit of weight that is mid aggressive (Timeless, WolfmanG, Wolfman, ATT R1, Blackbird) as my style of shaving lets the weight of the razor do the shave, I hold the razor itself with no pressure whatsoever and allow the weight and balance to do the work.

Well, I don't have the AS-D2 any more as I got rid of mine a fair while ago. I found the AS-D2 too mild and fairly light-weight which is not my preference at all. I really like to have something with a bit of weight that is mid aggressive (Timeless, WolfmanG, Wolfman, ATT R1, Blackbird) as my style of shaving lets the weight of the razor do the shave, I hold the razor itself with no pressure whatsoever and allow the weight and balance to do the work.
Can’t say I’ve tried any of the above But I get the picture.
Good luck to those who take advantage of this deal :) looks to be a goodn

Anyone got the details for who make feather? They have their stuff in order and I want to bomb them with open comb requests :woot:
Like in my other thread about a new NEW, I mentioned feather portables have the slots and corner tabs, and this one does too. And they know how to make an aggressive head, and also do a smooth cap unlike the clunky angled heads.
Hey, maybe one day...
If it happens that I buy a modern razor it will be due to the miracle of a feather OC appearing.:whistle:

Last edited: