Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Yates Model 921-M with Mid-Level Plate, Stonewashed and 3.25" Handle

PVC0oAj.jpg

ibqVYHRl.jpg

These beauties turned up very quickly (11 days) from The Golden Nib.
1 - Silvertip Premium Badger X 24mm
1 - Black Badger X 24mm
Haven't got a plan for them yet but very much looking forward to using them when they've found a handle to call home.

Alpha Shaving Outlaw

MhigZNf.jpg

jOQt2xO.jpg

hcMHm0u.jpg

cDPBQlF.jpg

Pretty uninspired packaging for a AUD$165 razor. But, CNC machined 316L stainless steel and polished to a mirror finish. Some machine marks under the cap and on top of the base plate, but shows me that it is indeed machined. Weighs more than my Muhle Rocca by quite a bit. Thoughts on the shave to come.

Four vintage butterscotch brushes, "London made" Simpson 8, Rooney boar, and Kent V5

WWkMAs9.jpg

#jealous

#wantmoar

Congrats! Nice scores

Alpha Shaving Outlaw

MhigZNf.jpg

jOQt2xO.jpg

hcMHm0u.jpg

cDPBQlF.jpg

Pretty uninspired packaging for a AUD$165 razor. But, CNC machined 316L stainless steel and polished to a mirror finish. Some machine marks under the cap and on top of the base plate, but shows me that it is indeed machined. Weighs more than my Muhle Rocca by quite a bit. Thoughts on the shave to come.
I admit presentation is lacking for most suppliers/artisans but I've yet to come across better packaging than from Steve as both my premium brushes were paper wrapped, packed inside a travel tube, and presented inside a lovely bamboo tube.
The closest would be Smart Helix who package the Apollo in a lovely wooden box but they're the exception to the rule... :unsure:

Alpha Shaving Outlaw

MhigZNf.jpg

jOQt2xO.jpg

hcMHm0u.jpg

cDPBQlF.jpg

Any packaging I can dispose of in my worm farm is a bonus. That package looks perfect to me as long as razor arrived safely.

#jealous

#wantmoar

Congrats! Nice scores

Thanks, when discussing preference the seller mentioned the only vintage Simpson's he really uses are Chubby's 😲

May not be a Simpson but finally have a vintage butterscotch Boar :)(y)

The seller (IansSoaps) was super helpful and friendly, gave me a fantastic deal for buying multiple and refunded shipping, apparently makes decent soap as well.

Whilst technically not an acquisition per say, my replacement top cap+base plate arrived from the Ukraine and I can't recommend Smart Helix enough for their customer service!!! (y)(y)(y)
The packaging and presentation is unlike any I've yet seen in my brief time wet shaving and the machining puts most premium razor makers to shame!!! :love::love::love:

IMG-20210204-162859.jpg

Whilst technically not an acquisition per say, my replacement top cap+base plate arrived from the Ukraine and I can't recommend Smart Helix enough for their customer service!!! (y)(y)(y)
The packaging and presentation is unlike any I've yet seen in my brief time wet shaving and the machining puts most premium razor makers to shame!!! :love::love::love:

IMG-20210204-162859.jpg
Don’t bloody drop it next time.

IMG-20210204-162859.jpg

@Razor Burn You‘re right about the quality of the Smart Helix product and I’m pleased that the razor I recommend is so well supported. One question though. Did the head come in that birch box? If it did, I’m really impressed.

That is awesome and they sent a spare base plate as well. Highly recommend P&C members buy a Smart Helix Apollo to show your appreciation of quality service and product at an affordable price. You won't be disappointed

That is awesome and they sent a spare base plate as well. Highly recommend P&C members buy a Smart Helix Apollo to show your appreciation of quality service and product at an affordable price. You won't be disappointed
Agree 1000% @Holiday! Not sure why the need for a spare base plate but I'll happily take it :)

By the way mate, super jealous of what you have arriving soon... ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.