February 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhinehoth

... and these are a few of my favourite soaps.
Finally, they have arrived.

U8k0XhX.jpg

Two more packages arrived today and two to go. The Scheermonnik soap, Extro soap, Rebel cream and Trumpers cream I’ve never tried before. Truefitt & Hill ultimate comfort is an old favourite so I know what to expect. Greatness! 😁
AzJqX54.jpg

A Razorock BBS with the AS plate should be arriving soon, I hope.

I really like my Lupos and Gamechanger… more than any other razor I’ve used so I’m in danger of becoming a Razorock fan. :p:p:p

I was also thinking that I have too many stainless steel razors so (in a moment of impetuous) there’s a brass Karve with C, C open comb, and D plates coming too. No sign of buyer’s remorse yet.

9b2HgS0.jpg

Ordered 23/1/2022, arrived today from Maggard. Sixteen days is not bad in the current climate! Set about 18.5mm deep in a Billy Goat Brushworks handle; now firmly bound as the silicone sets. This knot gets great reviews so cant wait to try it. Watch this space!

<Edit> I just noticed that the box says SHD and not two band badger that I ordered! I already have a couple of SHD brushes, so was after something different. Maybe that's how they label the 2 band, but I doubt it! I'll see what they say about it.

Last edited:
...I just noticed that the box says SHD and not two band badger that I ordered! I already have a couple of SHD brushes, so was after something different. Maybe that's how they label the 2 band, but I doubt it! I'll see what they say about it.
The knot looks like a 2-band to me, I guess the SHD just stands for Super High Density. And it looks pretty dense to me, so you've probably got a great knot.

The knot looks like a 2-band to me, I guess the SHD just stands for Super High Density. And it looks pretty dense to me, so you've probably got a great knot.
Yes, that's right, but I've already got two SHD knot brushes, so that's why I ordered the 'plain' two band. I'm sure it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.