February 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20220221-124354.jpg

Today's "cargo". I've been thinking about the Sabre for a while, and now that I'm no longer on sabbatical, I can indulge. The machined finish from the factory is definitely that. I lost no time giving it a rub-down with a strip of 2400-grit W&D to get rid of any grittiness on all surfaces except those adjacent to the blade. Also relieved the sharpness of the corners just a tad. No more than 10 minutes work, tops. I'll give it a spin tomorrow...
Any obvious sanding marks? Machined finishes drive me crazy, I love polished metals :love:

Any obvious sanding marks? Machined finishes drive me crazy, I love polished metals :love:
No sanding marks, but lots of actual machine tool marks. Which Shave makes no bones about, saying it's so you can see how it was all done, or words to that effect. My work with the W&D doesn't change that, you can still see all those marks, it's just more comfortable to hold, and I no longer worry that I'll scratch myself with those corners. My work (which is what you see in the picture) leaves it with a somewhat shinier satin finish, which is what I wanted.

If I had the polished razor, I would find myself getting out the grinding materials to roughen it up a bit, I think the bling makes it look fugly. :D

Maybe it's just my eyes or the lighting, but that bottom edge seems curved?

Maybe the lighting or my camera. I'm always surprised that phones make such good cameras, but there are limitations, especially for close-up work.

I agree that there is a problem with it and I would suggest you take up @Wilkshire13's inferred offer, send it to him to get fixed. It might take a couple of years but I'm sure you will get it back.

I agree that there is a problem with it and I would suggest you take up @Wilkshire13's inferred offer, send it to him to get fixed. It might take a couple of years but I'm sure you will get it back.
Another Road Trip? That has indeed crossed my mind, but it won't be happening until I've had a good chance to put it through its paces myself. :D

It's raining razors here today. Received this nice Blue Wonder 6/8 which will scrub up well I think:
mZYY6Q5.jpg

and also a Dovo 5/8 which I have just finished giving an initial polish. Like the Blue Wonder, it has rust on the spine but the edge is good.
What appeared to be rust on the vendors photos turned out to be what I think is dried up grease which came off easily.
This razor will be my practice razor for bevel setting, honing and restoration.
7YIytnQ.jpg

Any details or comments about these razors are welcome; there's not much info around on the Blue Wonder.
Now I'm off to start work on the Blue Wonder with Autosol and 'four ought' steel wool as suggested by @Ebonysw45 (thanks!).

It's raining razors here today. Received this nice Blue Wonder 6/8 which will scrub up well I think:
mZYY6Q5.jpg

and also a Dovo 5/8 which I have just finished giving an initial polish. Like the Blue Wonder, it has rust on the spine but the edge is good.
What appeared to be rust on the vendors photos turned out to be what I think is dried up grease which came off easily.
This razor will be my practice razor for bevel setting, honing and restoration.
7YIytnQ.jpg

Any details or comments about these razors are welcome; there's not much info around on the Blue Wonder.
Now I'm off to start work on the Blue Wonder with Autosol and 'four ought' steel wool as suggested by @Ebonysw45 (thanks!).
The Wonder is a great shaver and takes an edge fairly easily.

Well it finally arrived, well packed -

ldr4t2Vm.jpg

I got Planet Express to box and add packing as I was not confident that this would make it across the globe -

wUi1Jb0m.jpg

So very nice -

jGGd6SAl.jpg

Bigger than I had imagined (a good thing)

L2xmhsIl.jpg

The pics don't do it justice

vG32kE6l.jpg

ldr4t2Vm.jpg

I got Planet Express to box and add packing as I was not confident that this would make it across the globe -

wUi1Jb0m.jpg

So very nice -

jGGd6SAl.jpg

L2xmhsIl.jpg

vG32kE6l.jpg
Congratulations on the beautiful Paladin!

ldr4t2Vm.jpg

wUi1Jb0m.jpg

So very nice -

jGGd6SAl.jpg

L2xmhsIl.jpg

vG32kE6l.jpg
Paladin have "class" written all over them. I can only guess at how they managed that pour, but it's a beautiful brush. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.