February Collection Shots: Let's Share

Greenpike

So I feel like a nong posting SOTD posts when I'm doing the Feb One Soap One Blade One Razor challenge. I'm loving it as a way to focus on technique but it's not very interesting to anyone else. Why not, then, show all my razors I've collected and kept since the end of 2016 when I started wetshaving. Several have been moved on if they didn't work for me or I had better versions. I hope others are so inspired to share too.

IMG_20180210_151057.jpg

As you can see I heavily prefer vintage. I reaIly wish I'd started this earlier though as I feel like I missed out on all the deals.

My favourite 3 peice DE is a tie between my R41 on the Stray Whisker SS handle and my 20s Gillette boxed Bostonian in brilliant condition.

Favourite TTO is the Gillette Slim.

Favorite Single edge is The General by some way but that Schick G type Injector is the best mild shave in the universe.

Most hated razor was the Gem Micromatic I had. Cursed and blood hungry like Christine the car.

Oldest is the 1908 Gillette Old.

Newest is The General which was made in their first batch at the end of last year.

Yes, I know @Mark1966 beats me by several thousand lengths. But we can't all be a museum :happy:

Last edited:
So I feel like a nong posting SOTD posts when I'm doing the Feb One Soap One Blade One Razor challenge. I'm loving it as a way to focus on technique but it's not very interesting to anyone else. Why not, then, show all my razors I've collected and kept since the end of 2016. Several have been moved on if they didn't work for me or I had better versions. I hope others are so inspired to share too.

IMG_20180210_151057.jpg

As you can see I heavily prefer vintage. I reaIly wish I'd started this earlier though as I feel like I missed out on all the deals.

My favourite 3 peice DE is a tie between my R41 on the Stray Whisker SS handle and my 20s Gillette boxed Bostonian in brilliant condition. Favourite TTO is the Gillette Slim. Favorite Single edge is The General by some way but that Schick G type Injector is the best mild shave in the universe.
Nice collection @Greenpike - the stands look great!
I agree - the injectors are a under rated razor!
You seem to be missing some vintage SE s ...:LOL: