Fendrihan stainless head (update).

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
I mentioned a while ago about my Ikon 101 head starting to rot, and that I would probably get a Fendrihan Mk2 cast stainless safety bar head for it.
So, the head arrived and is in service.
Main thoughts are...head is better finished than Mk1 models were. Not up to Mamba quality, but quite OK. Head is wide enough to hide blade tabs, screw thread is waaay long, blades lock up into cap but can need a wee help to align properly (I just bunged the blade in for the first time but could feel the difference on each side of the cap when shaving).
Feels a tad smoother, and shaves a tad closer than my Techs so all good there.
Cap has identical curve to the Mamba.
Final photo shows Silver Blues mounted (note the wax globs).
Worth buying? Well for me...yes. I needed/wanted another stainless head. For $29.95US it was OK for value. For about the same money I could have bought a Fatip Gentile razor, but maybe I wouldn't like one of them anyway.
For the first week I only used the Fendrihan/Ikon (do I now have a Frankenrazor?), and I was quite happy with the results.
Mamba is way smoother of course, and really is my favourite (but I do hear a Karve calling my name).
So if, like me, you have a few spare handles laying around and want a head to bung on one then the Fendrihan Mk2 is not a bad option. They make an OC as well, and if you like a bit more aggression then the Mk 1 is for you (but the finish on them is not quite so smooth).
Mamba on left (with bamboo handle), Fendrihan on right (with Ikon Tuckaway handle).

pgdhaZe.jpg

T57CB1j.jpg

yoMfQ8h.jpg

I haven't tried my Mamba but the results from the Fendrihan have been really good. Mid range and good value for the money.

The heads look like they're cast/melt and pour construction.