Finally got away for a fish

Nanook

"Abandon all money, ye who enter here."
I hadn't hitched the camper trailer up for 18 months now so it was good to get away for a 4 day weekend to Nambucca Heads for a fish. There were some nice Bream to be had.

Here's me and my brother in law (his is the Colorado at the back) on Valla Beach. We pretty much had the whole beach to ourselves a part from a couple of walkers.

mYv2q3bl.jpg

Sqe3476l.jpg

Last edited:
what a view!!! nice work mate, nothing better than wetting the lines over a few beers (y)

had to look up Nambucca Heads, beautiful scenery. Out of all the fishing I do, surf fishing beats them all, nothing like the sound of the waves crashing with awesome views of the coastline

what a view!!! nice work mate, nothing better than wetting the lines over a few beers (y)

had to look up Nambucca Heads, beautiful scenery. Out of all the fishing I do, surf fishing beats them all, nothing like the sound of the waves crashing with awesome views of the coastline

I was staying on the river which flows into the ocean so during the day we'd beach fish and of an evening, walk to the river and fish there was well. Even though we camped at the river, you could still hear the waves at night.

that is something ive never done but always wanted to just never had a chance. only fished in a river once, in the Murray. found it to be a very chilled experience compared with the southern ocean surf, def enjoyed it
Having come from a distant island with no rivers, but lots of beaches and rocks, I had never done any kind of fly fishing before coming to Tasmania. All a different experience, especially the massive advantage we give to the fish. Getting your cast right is a huge learning curve. That's not to say I'm any good at it. I'm perfectly certain the trout roll around clutching their sides laughing at me, but that's part of the deal. :D

Having come from a distant island with no rivers, but lots of beaches and rocks, I had never done any kind of fly fishing before coming to Tasmania. All a different experience, especially the massive advantage we give to the fish. Getting your cast right is a huge learning curve. That's not to say I'm any good at it. I'm perfectly certain the trout roll around clutching their sides laughing at me, but that's part of the deal. :D

absolutely there would be a skill to it, seen it done on tv but would def be a skill to learn.. what appeals to me about this type of fishing is the wading around the lovely river scenery, flicking your flies out for a trout to ambush. mate if i ever head down to tassie and your ok with it i'll hit you up for a fish :)

you have me intrigued though, a distant island with no rivers? cayman islands?

Wow, you must have been hungry :D

not cheap to get out there these days and the catches are only limited by bag limits, the damage could of been much worse.. the single fish in that pic was 54cm, a decent size for a KG :cool:

we only clean fish in seawater and bag/freeze the fillets with care so these last in the freezer for quite a while.. nothing like reaching in the freezer and 'catching' a bag of freshly prepared KG whiting..

from 'farm to fork' as they say :love:

52258296607_6bb2c9e116_z.jpg