FINALLY! Someone is making a modern GEM style SE.

Sxot

Artisan Producer
It a little ugly (head is too thick) but I am excited!

pKs98nM.png
gb2dRCR.png

It's a three piece with the head being the female thread. That is why the head is so thick. I think it should be the other way around so the cap can be thinned out.

That is exciting! Do you know who is making it, what it's made of?

Thanks for the link, just had a look. I wouldn't call it ugly, maybe a little chunky. I might well sign up for one when they're ready. I wonder if we will see more SEs coming out, there have been rumours.

Still being refined I hope. The connection between the handle and head needs work too, a waisted joint would look much better. There are and have been rumours but this is first one that has come to light. Still a long way to go to production though. Could be years, or never.

I have heard the rumours of a Gem-style SE for a while - I guess they've exhausted all the permutations using the Feather AC style SE blades and think the GEM blades might be better.

Keen to see what they come up with !

My issue with this is the GEM blades weren't to my liking so I had to sell off my collection of GEM razors.

I'm automatically excluded from GEM style razors just due to the lack of blade choice.

My issue with this is the GEM blades weren't to my liking so I had to sell off my collection of GEM razors.

I'm automatically excluded from GEM style razors just due to the lack of blade choice.
True - there is only one blade choice. But luckily that blade works well for me. What problem did you have with the blades @nav1 ?

Have you looked at tryablade.com @nav1 ? There are a few variations on the standard three-facet Stainless blade available there, including a Carbon blade which I'm quite fond of.

I should have mentioned that when I said GEM, I meant all ASR blades (stainless, ptfe and blue carbon). None were satisfactory for me. Same for injectors...I had nearly every model razor but the blades never gave me a BBS.

Above the Tie (ATT) is hoping to debut their SE Gem type this month. Colonial has said that they're going to start work on one this year after they make a DE razor so we'll see what happens. It'll definitely be nice to have the option of a modern SE.

It turns out this was an April fools joke! The race is off, or still on if ATT are serious

Oh.. call me a fool then. Well played though. Replies to FB comments about the design features and reasons for doing this and not doing that. Well played.