Fine snake bite comparison

Chad

... had his first - 15/8/20
I've looked at getting this Fine aftershave but after a bit of reading it sounds like it's basically Proraso green splash?

Am I right in the comparison if anyone has used it before?

Basic menthol splash, eucalyptus and short lived.

I've never used that one before but if you are looking at something to pair with Terror, I've been using Noble Otter's orbit. It doesn't freeze your face off but it's a very comfortable cooling sensation that will last a while.

I've looked at getting that also to pair with the soap. NO splash isn't cheap though. From research sounds like I don't gain much from snake bite that I already get from the Proraso.

I've looked at getting that also to pair with the soap. NO splash isn't cheap though. From research sounds like I don't gain much from snake bite that I already get from the Proraso.

From what I've heard about snake bite there is no scent which is pretty typical of highly mentholated soaps and aftershaves. That's why I like Orbit, it's scent isn't an exact match for Terror but it's so close that it doesn't clash.

From what I've heard about snake bite there is no scent which is pretty typical of highly mentholated soaps and aftershaves. That's why I like Orbit, it's scent isn't an exact match for Terror but it's so close that it doesn't clash.
The soap is heavily mentholated with no scent so you should be able to match it with any mentholated splash.

The soap is heavily mentholated with no scent so you should be able to match it with any mentholated splash.

I love The Chiseled Face aftershave balms and always match the balm with their soap.

So I can use their balm with other soaps, I also buy their unscented balm and mix with a little scented aftershave of my choice with it in my palm before applying. It would probably work with a menthol based splash.

I love The Chiseled Face aftershave balms and always match the balm with their soap.

So I can use their balm with other soaps, I also buy their unscented balm and mix with a little scented aftershave of my choice with it in my palm before applying. It would probably work with a menthol based splash.
I agree with @Ozwhisker in his suggestion to use the drops as that way you can adjust how much menthol you want.
I've been mixing a few drops of scented splash with either balm or the a/s mix recommended by @SpeedyPC and it works great (y)

or the a/s mix recommended by @SpeedyPC and it works great
giphy.gif

@Nanook FYI ;) T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

WARNING:- Don't increase the number of drops using the Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic, otherwise, can burn your skin.

Chad, some mentholated suggestions here from our Shop filter: Aftershaves or Witch Hazel and Aloe. Alternatively, you can add menthol to any splash with Frost Drops and choose your level of chill, mild through to Ice Age. :cold:

I've already gone through two bottles of frost drops from you 🤔😂. It does change the scent when used in high dosages though. Maybe a bottle of MITA is in order instead. Too many choices.. thanks for the Fine feedback guys.

Basic menthol splash, eucalyptus and short lived.
I'm not a big fan of scents that are just menthol or plus a few other ingredients that evaporate quickly leaving nothing to enjoy for the rest of the day.
Northern Elixir is another that provides a nice cooling shave and splash but very short lived with just Eucalyptus and Menthol.

Tried MITA today and the soap is awesome. Splash has a bitter orange scent to it, not what I expected from Tequila and Lime

On the wish list are:
- Eskimo Tuxedo
- Electric Sheep
- Glacial Black Cherry

My favourite and only mentholated splash is AP Reserve's Lightning Ridge (at least I recall it had menthol?) and its one that tends to stick around a bit. Sadly no longer available but refreshing all the same... :unsure:

I'm not a big fan of scents that are just menthol or plus a few other ingredients that evaporate quickly leaving nothing to enjoy for the rest of the day.
Northern Elixir is another that provides a nice cooling shave and splash but very short lived with just Eucalyptus and Menthol.

Tried MITA today and the soap is awesome. Splash has a bitter orange scent to it, not what I expected from Tequila and Lime

On the wish list are:
- Eskimo Tuxedo
- Electric Sheep
- Glacial Black Cherry

I have Eskimo Tuxedo and it's full on. Don't get that shit near your eyes 😳. Not too much to it scent wise but it's cold. It's the coldest I have in the den

On the wish list are:
- Eskimo Tuxedo
- Electric Sheep
- Glacial Black Cherry

If you want an eye watering soap, Chiseled Face - Cryogen.

My Stirling pick is Frozen Tundra.

My favourite and only mentholated splash is AP Reserve's Lightning Ridge (at least I recall it had menthol?) and its one that tends to stick around a bit. Sadly no longer available but refreshing all the same... :unsure:

Not much menthol, but the fragrance and staying power. :love:

Thanks @Mark1966 for that set. (y)

Has a nice Kick to it but I dont have the aftershave to match. Use Stirling Witch Hazel Aloe Menthol instead and its a nice combination.
Witch hazel aftershaves definitely have the added bonus of a calming effect on the skin

If you want an eye watering soap, Chiseled Face - Cryogen.

Not much menthol, but the fragrance and staying power. :love:

Thanks @Mark1966 for that set. (y)
I believe AP Reserve Coolabah also had some menthol but much preferred Lightning Ridge as a wonderful summer scent.