alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
I am very honoured to organise the first Paste & Cut Hardware travelling box (y)

There will be however (mostly due to hygiene reasons) no brushes in this one and maybe just a few blades.

However: the razor line up will be stellartastic...yes stellar and fantastic do not cover it.

Due to the generousity of our resident enabler @todras members here can try out amongst others a Wolfman...yes you are reading correctly a stainless stell WOLFMAN!!!

RULES FOR PARTICIPATION - YOU HAVE TO AGREE TO THESE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE

• All razors can only be used for the face (or at least only from the neck upwards) :D
  • You have to provide your full name, residential + shipping address, phone number and email address to @alfredus via private message
  • You have to provide your full name, shipping address, phone number and email address to the person before you on the list so he can send you the box
  • You have to either pass the box on in person (not leave behind the fence - in person) or send the box via Express Post fully insured for 1200$
  • The razor values are as follows:

#16 - $160
    Fatboy - $60
    Slim - $40
    Sticky - $40
    Karve - $160
    Wolfman - $450
    Mergress - $130
    GameChanger - $160

Total: $1200 - shipping total in a 3kg satchel is $44.25
  • You have to take care of the razors and sanitise the ones you have used before shipping them out. Do not leave blades in the razors after using them, dry the razors after each use with a hand towel or similar soft cloth (especially the Karve) – please do not use any abrasive materials. Clean all used razors properly before shipping them out. The razors should be cleaned with hot water, mild soap and a toothbrush – nothing more aggressive or abrasive.
  • Your are personally liable for the box/content until next person receives it. The person who sends the box is fully responsible (ie making claims with AusFarce etc.).
  • If something happens to any razor or the whole box, please contact @alfredus in case of all modern razors and @Mark1966 in case of all vintage razors straight away. In 99% of the cases with the right knowledge the problem can be solved.
  • If something really bad happens – you drop a razor onto a hard tile from some height for example – and you damage a razor – please be honest and admit it, don't try to cover up and ship to the next person. The razors are your responsibility and if you damage them beyond possible salvation, you have to replace them.
  • You have to pack the box the same way you receive them - I have personally documented all razors and the packaging of the box with numerous pictures, should there be any uncertainties.
  • You cannot keep the box for more than 14 days - if day 14 falls on a weekend, it has to be sent out the latest by the following Monday.
  • The last person on the list has to send the box back to @alfredus
  • It would be greatly appreciated, if you discuss/review the razors you have used in this thread for other members

Last edited:
The Wolfman is my WR1-SB (standard gap) with WR-2 handle, if you have not tried a wolfie before the razor will be an excellent introduction to James razors. It shaves superbly!

The hardware pass-around is kindly being organised and operated by @alfredus who will establish the rules of participation and the functional implementation of the protocols in due course :)

@alfredus Oh I'm in too, so can't miss this!!
Need to stock up on some barbicide.
Going to be difficult to use just one razor for a week, especially to understand it. Will have to cull it down to three max so I have time to learn their personalities.

I have dozens of razors so also could contribute?
Only thing is the concern of insurance and lost of the package. Some of these razors are irreplaceable and the insurance would or could exceed the maximum. Plus the added costs per delivery. Each $1000 insured is $20. That would cover my paradigm and certainly not a Darwin.
So on that note, you only including razors that are replaceable?

Last edited:
@alfredus ...
Only thing is the concern of insurance and lost of the package. Some of these razors are irreplaceable and the insurance would or could exceed the maximum. Plus the added costs per delivery. Each $1000 insured is $20. That would cover my paradigm and certainly not a Darwin.
So on that note, you only including razors that are replaceable?

Already covered mate. The box must be personally delivered and you have to hand over your first-born in return for the box. When you hand deliver to the next person you get their first-born etc etc. I'm sure it all eventually works out with everyone getting their own children back - I think?

Does somebody want to check my logic there? Is @alfredus going to be stuck with a couple of dozen orphans?

Does somebody want to check my logic there? Is @alfredus going to be stuck with a couple of dozen orphans?

Checked ;)

@alfredus would have none if the box is returned as he would hand back his issued first born to the returner of the box.

However the person before me gets my darling little princess and I get someone else's first born. Word of advice, my princess is the roughest child I know and whatever you do don't feed it after midnight.

Checked ;)
@alfredus would have none if the box is returned as he would hand back his issued first born to the returner of the box.

However the person before me gets my darling little princess and I get someone else's first born. Word of advice, my princess is the roughest child I know and whatever you do don't feed it after midnight.

Simples! All good to go then.

Again - this is going to be a cracker (y)

Could those who would like to participate please copy the list and add their names at the end and also where they live? Many thanks (y)

@Korbz - Brisbane

@Korbz - Brisbane
@fruityasu - Melbourne
@RustyBlade - Sydney
@beerhog-melbourne.
I'm in for sure a this is a great idea for those like me that are natural born tightarses that look at high end gear and question whether or not performance is really that much better to make buying them worthwhile. If I'm included that's probably the angle I would come from in the reviews I post.