Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
'Pull up your seat and get a glass of our finest ethanol distillates' - that is what the forum description for this area reads.

The obvious question is - what sort of glass? Now we have the answer, for whisky at least ...

Norlan-Whisky-Glass-Front-Filled-Hompage-1.jpg

The Norlan Whisky Glass - https://norlanglass.uk/

'Inspired by nature, digitally crafted, and refined with master distillers, the Norlan Whisky Glass has been designed to capture whisky's complex flavors and aromatics and deliver them to the senses like never before.'

o I have 2 of these I contributed to the kickstarter.

it looks extremely elegant and designed to keep your whiskey at a constant temperature and provide the
optimum drinking experience by allowing you to get the full exposure of scents from the whiskey whilst you drink (it does this threw the shape of the vessel)(white man magic)

Its beautiful, i have the one from Dan Murphy, it is also good as well. Cant remember the name, Con knows, it was his recommendation in a video that had me buying it.

Jesus, 42 nicker, it must be bloody good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with a jam jar people - whatever gets the nectar to your tonsils the quickest.

So classy in Western Sydney, in Melbourne it would have been a Marmite jar - and we all know your can NEVER get that smell and taste out ...

If I did whisky tasting sessions maybe, the price isn't prohibitive but I do whisky gulping sessions and at 125g made in China, I'm out.

Mate of mine got half a dozen shipped in when they were new. They're ok, I think Glencairns are superior, they do make a big difference over bog standards. Whisky tumblers are for J&Cs.

Glencairns are great and cheap (bulk buys you can get t hem around $6 ea if you know where to look). Unless you go for a SMWS club glass. They are very, very good. https://www.smws.com.au/product/the-society-tasting-glass-set-of-6/

Otherwise I'd look at some of the Spanish Copita glasses. I also liked the Glenfarclas 'Dramming Glasses' which looked excellent but they have removed the shop off their website. Price was about 16 quid for 6, but postage was something like another 26 quid! Too rich for me.... similar to these but without the silver. I'd kill to get a half dozen of those Glenfarclas galsses - @hunnymonster !!!

Nice set at Nicks - 3x 100ml Glenrothes & 3 engraved Glencairns for $60..... https://www.nicks.com.au/glenrothes-secrets-whisky-taster-pack-3-x-100ml-plus-glasses

Last edited:
I'd say different enough to need to get used to it... but yeah, I have heard good reviews on them. Still, the price is eye watering and I'd probably buy a set of SMWS squat Copita-style glasses first.

There's some Villeroy & Boch whisky-specific glasses that test well in side-by-side comparisons.

My meagre glassware -

Still works though !