Forum newbie, shaving devotee

Rabid Badger

2018 Charity Auction Winner
Hello Paste and Cutters,

For me it all started back when I was a teenager. My mum gave me a Floris, Pure Badger shaving brush (which I still have and use). Admittedly, I didn't really appreciate it at the time, but in due course I bought a Merkur 38 c which I've been using for about 20 years. I had also mainly been using shaving cream that you could buy from Woolies (a sin, I know). Then about 5 years ago, I bought my first tub of Proraso and a Silvertip brush and since then my addiction has flourished. I've now got about 16 soaps and creams, 6 razors, all DE (with some new ones on the way) and 4 brushes.

My current favourite shave is with my iKon X3 slant OSS handle, my old favourite Floris brush with Cella croap. I really love that almond scent.

Finally, since I really started devoting some time into proper technique (2 or 3 passes with little to no pressure) I'm getting the best results ever and my skin feels all the better for it.

P.S. I'm based down on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. (Former Sydneysider)

P.P.S. Looking forward to ensuing banter.

Welcome to P&C (y)

Welcome @Rabid Badger !

Your mum has some taste with Floris brush up front - how could you go wrong from there?

Seriously, a get set of kit you have by the sound of it. How did the change from Sydney to the Mornington Peninsula work for you BTW - are you commuting from there into Melbourne CBD?

Welcome @ Rabid Badger. Good to have another devotee of the Ikon brand in the group. I've been thinking I'm the lone goose. For me it's the B1 slant. In my eyes the X3 is just a milder version. Enjoy.

Welcome @Rabid Badger . Sounds like you have a good collection. What are your current favourite soaps/creams?
Favourite soaps/creams are, in no particular order: D.R. Harris, Windsor soap, D.R. Harris Marlborough cream, Castle & Forbes Lime shaving cream, Al's Shaving cream - Goodfellas scent, Cella as already mentioned, Razorock - Rocktoberfest and Shiner Gold shave soap

Welcome @ Rabid Badger. Good to have another devotee of the Ikon brand in the group. I've been thinking I'm the lone goose. For me it's the B1 slant. In my eyes the X3 is just a milder version. Enjoy.
Hey, I'll have to try the B1 then as I also think that the X3 is pretty mild, super smooth though. I also own the SBS with an iKon bamboo handle, not so keen on this one, but good to mix things up.

Welcome @Rabid Badger !

Your mum has some taste with Floris brush up front - how could you go wrong from there?

Seriously, a get set of kit you have by the sound of it. How did the change from Sydney to the Mornington Peninsula work for you BTW - are you commuting from there into Melbourne CBD?
Absolutely loving the change, went from a small two bed unit to a 4 bed house with a decent backyard for the kids. Luckily, am not having to commute as I also got a job on the Peninsula.

Absolutely loving the change, went from a small two bed unit to a 4 bed house with a decent backyard for the kids. Luckily, am not having to commute as I also got a job on the Peninsula.

Sounds great - especially with a local job!