Forum updates Jan 2016 (xF v1.5.4, updated theme)

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
Hi members;

Overnight we took the steps up updating the forums to the latest version of xenForo which brings a number of new features & security fixes to the table. It is mostly back-end changes but you may notice a few differences in the interface and available features.

I have also updated the 'FlatAwesome' theme to the latest v1.5.0 version, however the 'Dark' version remains on the old v1.4.3 version until I am certain the new version works well. The style chooser is, as always, down the very bottom left of every page.

While I have tested most things and I suspect the site is 99% working, if you run into any issues or concerns then please post in this thread.

Changelog:
  • User banners 'transparent'. Fixed (restored extra.css content)

Thanks for you work keeping this place going @Monsta_AU !

Thanks for you work keeping this place going @Monsta_AU !
No problem Mark. It was more a forced hand due to the security fixes, rather than any required features.

I have seen a few differences with the CSS and fonts, you might see a few things change as I test a couple of things. You will note that the Paste & Cut up the top left had changed for example. I will be playing with things over the next few days so see what I can achieve with it.

A humble request.
Can the color schemes for the menth heads and grand society be swapped over?
Blue is more befitting menth heads I believe.

I may play around with it a bit more, but please consider it taken under advisement. There's further changes in the new software version that I can do new things with.

I think the Grand Sociey requires a lovely Royal Purple colour.

Indeed, royal purple and golden text would be suffice :)

I think the Grand Sociey requires a lovely Royal Purple colour.

I think before you get carried away with colours Grand Society requires a 't' ;)

Nice, thank you's are indeed due for actually listening to us complainers and actually acting upon it mate :)
Psst, I think @Mark1966 is secretly hoping for that, so a more suitable penance would be a few month's dealing with spammers and sign up accounts ;)

Indeed it does. A Mr T to be precise.

(Plus, we're now in 2016, so the title of this post needs amending)
What was the chosen one that you comitted to mate?