G, Day from the Gong

Just 17 days and then...
2018 Sabbatical Fail
Hi there
I've been de shaving for a while now, nearly three years, after picking up a Microtouch One ( off the telly). Loved using it and have more recently picked up a few more razors, brush, soaps etc and started really enjoying a proper good shave.
Just found this forum, though I have lurked about on various forums that seem to encourage me to buy more shaving goodies!
Looking forward to hearing what my fellow Ozzies are up to in the world of shaving and learning a few things along the way

Welcome to P&C @Sticky - I'm sure you are going to have a fantastic time here (y)

Please tell us more about your favourite brush, soap etc.

Welcome to P&C @Sticky - I'm sure you are going to have a fantastic time here (y)

Please tell us more about your favourite brush, soap etc.

Hi alfredus, my only brush at the moment is a HJM boar which has softened up nicely, I'm thinking I might order the 26mm Magyars synthetic some time soon as I like the idea of lathering up with a nice big brush and the price is good. I'm working through a few soap samples at the moment and my favourites, so far, are the TOBS grapefruit and the Maggards orange and menthol, couple more to try. Might order up the soap and brush sometime soon. I would love to hear any recommendations for a citrus/menthol soap, what I would really like is a stronger scent to the soap, many seem to be nice but not strong enough.

Welcome aboard @Sticky ! Sounds like you're already along the road to shaving addiction!!
I find citrus soaps great for summer - prefer the spicy/bay rum styles for winter.
Razorock XXX is citrus based and very reasonably priced.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
It's going to be a hot one today so I'm just about to have an early morning shave with the orange and menthol for that fresh feeling! Its a pity it won't last all day

It's good to have another guy from a Wollongong here. I hope you are enjoying your new shaving experience. I'm fairly central (city) where abouts are you?