Gap width in adjustables

Phil

About a month ago I posted about a shave with the Gillette D4 Toggle as below

Razor: Gillette Toggle (1)

Set the toggle back to "1" a new blade and very lightly glided that razor over the stubble .. and a wonderful shave. Nicked some of the damage from two days ago (no shave yesterday) so one bleeder. Cannot believe that this razor could be that aggressive. It's like living on the edge every time you have a shave.

Well I finally had a chance to do some research and found this useful table from badgerandblade.com pretty much confirming my thoughts! I thought it would be good to post here (if allowed) to give others an idea of the aggressiveness of different types of adjustable razors.

It seems that the toggle is quite aggressive but have a look at that Bottom Dial (1-9)!

Interesting table @Phil - I always assumed the "Executive" adjustable was a just a gold plated Fatboy - but the blade gaps are slightly different.

Fascinating table @Phil - thanks for posting!

@Snooze - the Executive has a different knurling pattern on the handle to the regular Fatboy too.

I've seen this grid befor as well, I'm a bit apprehensive to accept it as gosbel as while I didn't read the tread it was originally posted in but I have no idea what the sample size of razors measured was.That said it makes it easy to try different gaps to see if you should spend the big bucks on a less common razor

I've seen this grid befor as well, I'm a bit apprehensive to accept it as gosbel as while I didn't read the tread it was originally posted in but I have no idea what the sample size of razors measured was.That said it makes it easy to try different gaps to see if you should spend the big bucks on a less common razor

Good point, but I suppose it does show that there are variations between different adjustables and possibly variations between the same types of adjustables. Not all razors are created the same, perhaps changing by year, or individual razor. Also time plays a factor in that a dropped razor might change a sample or possibly tolerances that were pretty close when new have changed due to wear and tear.

Good point, but I suppose it does show that there are variations between different adjustables and possibly variations between the same types of adjustables. Not all razors are created the same, perhaps changing by year, or individual razor. Also time plays a factor in that a dropped razor might change a sample or possibly tolerances that were pretty close when new have changed due to wear and tear.
Oh totally, I'd just be interested to know what Gillettes acceptable specs where and what effect the blade plays in it all.