G'day down under!

Alba65

Not been around these parts for a while, and thought i better pop me head round the door and wish you all the best for 2018.

Still suffering the shave acquisition disorder of the past, things coming and going through the den as they usually do. Some of the old Gillettes have been replaced by some more modern stuff...... mostly stainless razors, and some lovely brushes have fallen in my lap since i was here.

Now i've been reminded of the site, recovered my password etc....... maybe i'll get round to posting some SOTD pics again.

Stay healthy men (y);)

Bamber Gascoigne ~ hahahaha, I've not heard that name in several decades!!!

My old man used to say that all the time.... "and your starter for ten" lol :)

I'm going to fall asleep tonight with that stupid music in my head.... It might make me smarter :)

Alba? Are you from where your username suggests? If so, you will understand "Ahcumfraemilngavie" hm?
Jimmy

Aye............ indeed ah um (y)

Auld reeky originally, but grew up in the shadow of the granite city........... now banished even further north to the cold viking territories.

Greatest thing out of Glasgow "............ naw, yer right anuff, its a doughnut"......... um a wrang?

My old man used to say that all the time.... "and your starter for ten" lol :) .....

Ah excrement! Now I've given away my age!

@Alba65 - Greatest thing out of Glasgow "............ naw, yer right anuff, its a doughnut"......... um a wrang?
No' wrang Jimmy, mibbe aye, mibbe naw! Although doughnuts are best raffled eh pal?
:finger: Noo, let's see them ither wans wurk that oot eh! Although, it'd be a doddle tae @Cris.

@58FB - welcome back mate. We all missed ya and your particular talents.

Last edited:
Wu8wHZzl.jpg

So yer fi Auld Reekie aye? :)

I mind many, many moons ago the Rose St Brewery used to serve up a nice pint of ninety they called "Auld Reekie"

I always preferred the Caley 80/- when "oot fur a swally" though...

The Diggers was best for anything Caley!

Last edited:
Thanks lads maybe I might get back on into it again and see if I can help some of you for the moment im on restriction on access on site so i have to build up again That's ok though

Welcome back!

No' me @Scotty; Ahcumfraesaltcoatsoanraclyde!

I was living in Sinclair Drive in Battlefield until I was 4 then the family got all posh and moved to the east coast...

I have vague memories of playing in Queens Park..... can still remember looking out the window and seeing the Hampden floodlights and can just remember the orange waiting room chairs in the Victoria Hospital when I broke my leg one afternoon after running about the house pretending to be the road runner when "Glen Michaels Cartoon Cavalcade" was on...... Meep-Meep!

Was too young at the time tae be out on the bevy in Edinburgh, but did do a few trips along Rose street and Leith in my younger years when back visiting.

Miss the Scottish pub culture, Scandinavians just can't replicate it in any way shape or form, no matter how hard they try they just don't have the banter. Lucky i'm only 2 hrs away :)