G'day from Brisbane

I heard about this site on one of Cris from Another Cut Above's YouTube videos: How great to find an Australian wet shaving community!

I have been shaving in the traditional way for around 8 years - I honestly don't recall how I came across the DE world but it was some time during university. I've found my preference is for soft soaps/croaps rather than creams or hard pucks and I like to stick to a single razor for my daily (Monday to Friday) shaves (it might be heresy but I'm not a collector, or even a gatherer, of razors... I hope I'm still OK to hang out here :D).

I use a Rockwell 6S (on the number 5 plate) and the only other razor I have owned or used was my first, a Muhle R89. The best blades I have found for me (in either razor) are the Feather Hi Stainless though Astra's in the green pack and Polsilver's also treat me fairly well. The worst blades for me have been those made by Derby, Merkur and, ironically, Rockwell. For me a blade must be able to deal with 2 days of course growth on Monday morning and then give smooth shaves 4 more times (Tuesday-Friday).

I make my own soap for giggles, but I've just very recently learned about the likes of WolfPac, Australian Private Reserve and Squadron and I can't wait to buy and try their offerings (particularly the APR aftershaves) - any suggestions for someone who likes a fresh lime/citrus scent?

I look forward to getting involved here and contributing what I can to this community.

Even with just one razor! you will be very welcome. And I'm sure you will enjoy some of the great Australian made soaps and aftershaves that we are very lucky to have.

OK, well, ummm, maybe ...

Sure what the heck - welcome @BrisbaneShaver the man with one razor! ;)

Now, about the need for dozens of brushs, soaps, aftershaves .... :)

Welcome to the forum @BrisbaneShaver. What sort of brushes do you enjoy using?

I have a Simpsons Best Badger with a really small knot and loft, almost too small really, and I also use a cheap horse hair jobbie from the chemists. I bowl lather (well, scuttle lather :)) exclusively so have never really paid attention to my brush (in the way that I might have had to if I was lathering on my face every morning). As I get more exposed to the wet shave community I see that there's a lot of options out there and the synthetics are intriguing to me (I don't like how much both my brushes shed).

I feel like I'm letting the team down a bit here - only one razor and just two brushes! :D

I feel like I'm letting the team down a bit here - only one razor and just two brushes! :D

Don't worry mate, somebody has to be saving money using DEs, might as well be you!

Don't worry mate, somebody has to be saving money using DEs, might as well be you!

Ironically (or maybe not) I started DE shaving to save money as a Uni student (almost a decade ago I pause to add).

I have over 600 blades in my cupboard, so I guess it's not as though I've never spent any money on this pastime :).