Gentleman Jones

Cool shop!!
I'm curious about their razors though... they're unbranded!?

Style Cut & Whiskey including Cut Throat Edging & a traditional Hot towel & Cut Throat face Shave
$50

Sweet deal. Wonder what the whisky is though. That could be a deal breaker.

Visited the shop today. 12-15 blokes "hanging around" waiting for a cut and chatting, billiards table was doing some trade but easy enough to get a game if that's your thing., a dart board adorns the wall but with so many blokes "chilling and wandering about", playing a game is probably not ideal. Three chairs in operation. Apparently every Saturday is the same, busy. I just went for a look and forgot to ask about their straights. I was too busy chatting with the patrons and the two young ladies serving. A real blokey type place like a a backyard shed with those aged, historical photos and posters. Staff and basic ideals are similar to this http://schorembarbier.nl/ but more Aussie shed-like.

Purchased some pomade, of which I'd nearly exhausted my current jar. Was great to chat with some other blokes, just small blokey talk while they were having whiskey (I'm a non-drinker). Didn't get to talk with the owner, just a "G'day" as I walked in. He was far too busy.

I live just around the corner and walked past recently and it looked interesting so I decided to give it a go. I went for the $50 shave and haircut and was disappointed. The haircut was the worst I've had in a while and the shave was terrible. Not recommended.

I live just around the corner and walked past recently and it looked interesting so I decided to give it a go. I went for the $50 shave and haircut and was disappointed. The haircut was the worst I've had in a while and the shave was terrible. Not recommended.
I do my own cuts so guess I won't have the chance to be disappointed. You get a cut from the owner or a minion? I didn't ask others today if they were regulars or not but there was a camaraderie amongst the assembled.

One of the minions. It was a dry, scratchy shave with a razor that felt as sharp as a butterknife. The experience may be better with a cut and shave from the owner. There were about 8 different whiskies and 2 beers to choose from.

As I was talking with the young ladies serving drinks, two of my daughters (1 x 2nd year apprentice barber & 1 x 4th year apprentice hairdresser) came up in conversation and the offer of jobs came up as they are so busy they can't keep up. All 4 of my girls live down South though.

Good cuts or bad, the blokey thing obviously works.

As I was talking with the young ladies serving drinks, two of my daughters (1 x 2nd year apprentice barber & 1 x 4th year apprentice hairdresser) came up in conversation and the offer of jobs came up as they are so busy they can't keep up. All 4 of my girls live down South though.

Good cuts or bad, the blokey thing obviously works.

My son and I both go to a barber - beats that whole hairdresser thing sitting next to a woman with bits of alfoil stuck in her hair...

Women with alu foil bits stuck in their hair is so much more preferential to men drinking whiskey and playing pool/darts...

Shame the shave/cut isn't up to standard. Possible (or likely) the minions are new at the whole game? Maybe the ladies/Whisky/atmosphere is enough to make up for it. Better than waiting around at my Barber reading old magazines.