Gentlemen, show us your bathroom shaving depots/stands/caches!

No blade swaps either. The Derby for a week.

Actually, every time I've used Derby in a dialled out AdjGilly, I've gotten a great shave. I will shut up now :confused:

Di you hear that people?

RM loves Derby blades!

No wonder he left YKW to start his own forum :laugh:

Actually they are not as bad as some say ...

This is why I like this place.....

No way over on YKW would a guy with thousands of blades praise Derby lol

Derby's are a good yardstick blade IMHO......to me if it's better than a Derby its above average and if worse its below avg. Again I think depending on the razor the results vary but I've used in 3 or so razors (atleast) and never gotten either a bad or great shave....but just consistantly passable. Which isn't such a bad thing. :)

That said if I had a shedload of GBE's I'd have to check myself before I went reaching to put a Derby into anything other than my wife's leg razor! Haha thank goodness she's here to use up all those 'other' blades of mine.

Hmm, better update the picture - there have been some changes with a couple more brushes cleaned up:

More butterscotch...

... and the Slim of course for the vintage blade face off!

I admit that even I have about 200 Derby's floating around. They are a very good 'Standard' blade with usable sharpness and can be quite smooth.

The issue with them came up around 4 years ago when they changed the packaging and the QC slipped a bit. There were a few dodgy blades getting through and the changed packaging got a bad rep for being a lower quality blade.

They don't work well in my DE86 but the Slim & Fatboy (as usual) seem to get the best out of the blade.

RM,

Wheres all your stuff? Give us a pic you secretive dark lord!

I think I speak for everyone when I say I expect it not to look entirely dissimilar to something like this:

Pallet-Racks-for-Warehouse.jpg

:D

Nothing wrong with Derby. As I keep saying, most blades are much of a muchness. I'm sure most of it is in the name to start with and then when they're out of production they're suddenly legendary. I mean how is a Dorco ever going to be better than a Polsilver or Super Iridium. That's the equivalent of pitting a WWF wrestler against Ironman. No chance.

RM,

Wheres all your stuff? Give us a pic you secretive dark lord!

I think I speak for everyone when I say I expect it not to look entirely dissimilar to something like this:

View attachment 290

:D

Hardly such a warehouse is required. We are talking about my blades, not about Mark's Razors, and brushes, and whatever else he decided to get into today as an AD.

I am pretty sure everyone has seen the two cases of GBEs. They live under the bed with a Shoebox and a computer joystick box stuffed full of blades, I then have a bedside drawer or two full of blades also.

Hardly such a warehouse is required. We are talking about my blades, not about Mark's Razors, and brushes, and whatever else he decided to get into today as an AD.

I am pretty sure everyone has seen the two cases of GBEs. They live under the bed with a Shoebox and a computer joystick box stuffed full of blades, I then have a bedside drawer or two full of blades also.

Lol..... That sounds like a lot of blades:D

This is where I've stored my rapidly accumulated kit. My mum's work renovated and she brought it home for nothing.

shavedenwhole.jpg

Top shelf is the currently used and favoured gear.

shavedenfav.jpg

Woooo as Crusty the Clown said on a Simpsons episode when he was trying to get get a Japanese endorsement," Me riiiiiiiiiikeeeey!!!"

Nice stand man, haha I was feeling ok about mine until I saw that.....stand-envy! :sad2:

Hmm, I'll have to take a pic of the stand in action. For the moment, here's my home-made stand just after I finished building it:

That looks really good Mr626, I like the rustic, utilitarian nature of it. Plus super easy for you to upgrade if you wanted to.....extra razor holder here, etc. Nice work.

This is where I've stored my rapidly accumulated kit. My mum's work renovated and she brought it home for nothing.

Top shelf is the currently used and favoured gear.

shavedenfav.jpg

Took me a minute to work out what "PIGO" Soap was :laugh::laugh:

Must be nice to not have to worry about small wandering hands. Blades on the bench is unthinkable around here!

Took me a minute to work out what "PIGO" Soap was :laugh::laugh:

That would be my poor handwriting!

Must be nice to not have to worry about small wandering hands. Blades on the bench is unthinkable around here!

I'm enjoying being at that stage too!