Gillette collectors in ANZ?

Tano_TTO

Hi guys,
Shout out to any Gillette collectors that may be out there?
I thought it would be nice to get an idea of how many others are based in AUS / NZ and perhaps get a network going...

Years ago, I thought I must be the only one with this affliction / sickness.

I started collecting Gillettes in about 2009, when I was looking for an innocuous, passive hobby... and collected strongly through 2010 / 2011 and then slowed until about 2013 when I took a complete break for a bit, only to start again 4 months ago... I’ve also dabbled in straights.

I’ve since found to the detriment of my bank account that the hobby is not at all innocuous.

Most recently I met @Mark1966 on the B&B forum, so I’m aware of how sick he is and I think his collection is great.
So here I am, shouting out to see how many others of us there is?
Make yourself known please!

I’d say just about everyone here has a collection to some degree... Marks condition is indeed slightly more progressed than most

I started collecting Gillettes in about 2009, when I was looking for an innocuous, passive hobby... and collected strongly through 2010 / 2011 and then slowed until about 2013 when I took a complete break for a bit, only to start again 4 months ago... ...

So we were competing with each other at our peak!

I started in 2010 and pretty much stopped in 2013.

'innocuous, passive' - yeah :ROFLMAO:

Similar story for me, but not to the same extent as @Mark1966 - his collection is absolutely amazing. I tried to get one of almost every model, mainly to use and in the quest for the ultimate "Holy Grail" shave :)... then there are the vintage blades... the SEs...the straights... oh dear :wideyed:

So we were competing with each other at our peak!

I started in 2010 and pretty much stopped in 2013.

'innocuous, passive' - yeah :ROFLMAO:

Lol. Yes Mark, I'd say we likely as not, did compete on a couple auctions!
Your Navy Set comes to mind.... ;-)
However, to amass what you have in 3yrs is quite a feat! You must have gone hard....

I also have a small collection -- about forty in total, five or six British Aristocrats, couple of Toggles, couple of Bulldogs, a few ABC sets -- but it scarcely comes close to matching the horde of Gillettes accumulated by @Mark1966. I'm still on the hunt for a Double Ring, Mark, if you feel like letting one of yours go! :sneaky:

I also have a small collection -- about forty in total, five or six British Aristocrats, couple of Toggles, couple of Bulldogs, a few ABC sets -- but it scarcely comes close to matching the horde of Gillettes accumulated by @Mark1966. I'm still on the hunt for a Double Ring, Mark, if you feel like letting one of yours go! :sneaky:
I would not consider 40, a small collection, Hunter! (y) Good stuff. Photos please! o_O;):)

Beautiful collection!
Truely quality bits

Nice! Very nice

Myself I have a few straights. Haven’t had a chance to use them in a while. Fully intend to get back to it.

Vp2qcPQ.gif