Gillette English Rocket.

the_shaving_sailor

2018 Sabbatical
hey guys so when discussing wet shaving at work one of my mates said he had his granddad's old razor at home and he had to attachment to it and said if I was going to use it I could have to it I've now acquired this bad boy.

20170110_211838.jpg

20170110_211835.jpg
20170110_211831.jpg

Did you ask him if he is curious about traditional/wet shaving?
Might be able to convert him, which is far more satisfying :(

Did you ask him if he is curious about traditional/wet shaving?
Might be able to convert him, which is far more satisfying :(

he's a beard man hasn't shaved since he was like 17 very very hairy hates the routine of shaving. I did suggest it but he's lazy

The English Rockets are a nice little razor - in fact I'm using one now :)

Nice pickup @the_shaving_sailor - even better when you know the provenance. Something I would try and capture before it is too late - link the razor with its past, where it has been, who it was with. They almost become like people IMHO ...

Nice one! I love a bargain.

he's a beard man hasn't shaved since he was like 17 very very hairy hates the routine of shaving. I did suggest it but he's lazy

I was talking to an bloke I know yesterday. His daughter was using our bathroom and he went in to help her turn on the tap. Seeing my strop (I leave an old one in there for this very reason!) he asked if I used a traditional razor. Anyway, I showed him my DE/SE/SR collection. He's bearded like your bloke and told me he never shaves because of the irritation. So launch into why carts do this and you only need one blade, and even if he did use a cart, if he used a proper soap and brush it would be happy days. Time will tell if I have planted a seed but once you've stopped shaving for a decade or two, I reckon I could be hard to go back.