Gillette Fatboy....

Ferret Thank You....
Most welcome, drop him a line as while he dosnt show a lot on his site he MAY have a candidate kicking around.
Dave is an excellent plater but dosnt disassemble adjustables.
Talk to whoever will do the work as they have their own preferences and some damages can be an issue and there are plenty of clean examples out there

Dave is a fantastic guy to deal with and does wonderful replating work (y)

DGSaxy8l.jpg
Here’s the one Dave did for me

There are a few of us here that have used Razor Emporium. I bought a Fatboy on eBay in the US to save on postage one way to Razor Emporium and was very happy with result. Do search on ‘Sophie’ on here and you should find a photo in SOTD of my Fatboy.
She’s called Sophie as that was what was scratched into one of the doors. Successfully replated over that.
Others seem happy with Dave from NZ but as @Ferret619 said he doesn’t fully dismantle razor so maybe not as thorough as Razor Emporium but not as dear either.
@58FB that was a very nice job on yours.

There are a few of us here that have used Razor Emporium. I bought a Fatboy on eBay in the US to save on postage one way to Razor Emporium and was very happy with result. Do search on ‘Sophie’ on here and you should find a photo in SOTD of my Fatboy.
She’s called Sophie as that was what was scratched into one of the doors. Successfully replated over that.
Others seem happy with Dave from NZ but as @Ferret619 said he doesn’t fully dismantle razor so maybe not as thorough as Razor Emporium but not as dear either.
@58FB that was a very nice job on yours.
Hi Pbgoose....Thanks for the feedback....Thinking Thinking Thinking....lol

If I may chime in: get a decent Stainless Steel razor - no need for replating for at least a couple hundred years :D

Oh ok I have heard of him I just wondered as I dismantled mine when I got it and it's original nickel some 2 years ago still in good shape
PRqn4Gr.jpg

8aRUtF9.jpg
Yeah, I’ve have a few slims in their original nickel, not sure why but in my experience they seem to just hold up better or where, on average, looked after better.
My fatboy was found at the bottom of a bucket by my buddies Dad, when’s the last time you looked in a bucket and it didn’t have gross stuff in it like mop water, fish guts or my fatboy ;)

My eclipse could do with a trip to Dave actually

Ebay is my go to, I picked up a fatboy that needed a lot of love a while back. I shipped it off and when Chris Evatt from Razor plate was done, it was superb and is currently sitting in my general rotation since it came back.

Been keeping an eye out on the local and US ebay. Whilst looking missed out this morning on a $12.55 Slim that I was going to get Cerakoted at that place on the Gold Coast (forgot to bid). I'll keep looking for a cheap refurb for a cerakote trial and fatboy for ya @fruityasu (quick question - you ok to buy through mail forwarding from the US?)

Been keeping an eye out on the local and US ebay. Whilst looking missed out this morning on a $12.55 Slim that I was going to get Cerakoted at that place on the Gold Coast (forgot to bid). I'll keep looking for a cheap refurb for a cerakote trial and fatboy for ya @fruityasu (quick question - you ok to buy through mail forwarding from the US?)
Hey Korbz....Yes I'm fine with that kind of transaction....