Gillette Fatboy....

fruityasu

smashes all the likes
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Good afternoon All....
I am on a mission to own and use a Vintage Gillette Fatboy and have been loitering around the etsy and eBay sites with not much luck....
Today I heard about the Razor Emporium site and discovered that they offer the Gillette Fatboy already refurbished....
Are they the real deal ???
Is it a case of buyer beware ???
The offer of a two to three week turnaround from order sounds to good to be true....
Any advice/opinion would be great....

Well I guess I'll answer this one.You could picked up a half decent FB on eBay and then have someone or even yourself clean it up I know from experience they can come up pretty good With the likes of Razor Emporium they are ok my son had one refurbished in nickel and came back good there are a couple of other vendors I have heard that can do similar. It's not a bad time to pick one up at the moment I have seen some half decent ones at ok prices.

Here is one I turned around before & after
o60hB0k.jpg

tNCQTcV.jpg

Well I guess I'll answer this one.You could picked up a half decent FB on eBay and then have someone or even yourself clean it up I know from experience they can come up pretty good With the likes of Razor Emporium they are ok my son had one refurbished in nickel and came back good there are a couple of other vendors I have heard that can do similar. It's not a bad time to pick one up at the moment I have seen some half decent ones at ok prices.

Here is one I turned around before & after
o60hB0k.jpg

tNCQTcV.jpg
That's a beautiful restoration 58FB....Did you get it re-plated locally....I'm guessing that there would be a few local razor repair/refurbers around....Dilemma

That's a beautiful restoration 58FB....Did you get it re-plated locally....I'm guessing that there would be a few local razor repair/refurbers around....Dilemma
This is my own work I myself restored it. If you ask around a few here in the distant past had me restore a few of theirs

Feeling nostalgic, used Gillette's in the 70s. Seriously considering getting a Fat Boy or Slim.

This is my own work I myself restored it. If you ask around a few here in the distant past had me restore a few of theirs
I take my hat off to you....There is a whole lot of patience and skill in your work....But for the average Joe like myself are there workshops out there that will pull a razor apart and return in pristine usable condition....

I take my hat off to you....There is a whole lot of patience and skill in your work....But for the average Joe like myself are there workshops out there that will pull a razor apart and return in pristine usable condition....
I believe one or 2 I'm out of touch but I'm sure your get a reply with some info on them