Gillette London Bridge is back into production

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G’day :happy:

Looks like the new Gillette London Bridge is back into production and will be made from China, looks like P&G is setting up some Gillette manufacture blades in China.

See link below from Badger & Blade forum FYI.

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/gillette-london-bridge-blades.595843/post-10920733

Anybody got the original vintage London Bridge made from UK? I would love to see a complete photo, please, to see how much difference from old to new production.

Last edited:
G’day :happy:

Looks like the new Gillette London Bridge is back into production and will be made from China, looks like P&G is setting up some Gillette manufacture blades in China.

See link below from Badger & Blade forum FYI.

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/gillette-london-bridge-blades.595843/post-10920733

Anybody got the original vintage London Bridge made from UK? I would love to see a complete photo, please, to see how much difference from old to new production.

Same Blade as the Super Gillette Blue Blades except marked for SE Asian Market and the name change. The ones from the above link are marked for the Indonesian market.

Same Blade as the Super Gillette Blue Blades except marked for SE Asian Market and the name change. The ones from the above link are marked for the Indonesian market.
Are you sure they’re the same and where do you collect your information from???? That I’m not aware of.

Are you sure they’re the same and where do you collect your information from???? That I’m not aware of.

I am away at the moment, when I get back I will go through the boxes, and get some pictures for you.

Update.

I stand corrected. ( Just Sype'd the Mrs who is far I I away. Where would I be without her. ) Apprently I have a few boxes of these back home. Never even new it, and don't remember shaving with them. :rolleyes:

London Bridge brand are the economy Stainless Steel non coated blades.
They are distributed all throughout SE Asia. The SE Asian distributor is based Indonesia. Blades are sold in Malaysia, Phillipines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam etc. All made at P&G Shanghai facilities. Blades are sold in cartons 5, 10 or boxes of 100.

Super Gillete Blue
GIllette Super thin
Gillette Rubie Ultra Stainless
Gillette Super Nacet

These are all the same blades which have the same platinum coating and are sold in 5 / 5+1 , 100 /120. All made at the same Shanghai P&G facility. I remember shaving with Gillette Super Blue and Super thin and they felt exaclty the same Decent sharpness and decent smoothness, maybe 2 shaves and I binned the blades. Super Thins I had a lot of them.

It appears as though Gillette have two blade types sold for the Asian market.

Last edited:
I am away at the moment, when I get back I will go through the boxes, and get some pictures for you.

Update.

I stand corrected. ( Just Sype'd the Mrs who is far I I away. Where would I be without her. ) Apprently I have a few boxes of these back home. Never even new it, and don't remember shaving with them. :rolleyes:

London Bridge brand are the economy Stainless Steel non coated blades.
They are distributed all throughout SE Asia. The SE Asian distributor is based Indonesia. Blades are sold in Malaysia, Phillipines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam etc. All made at P&G Shanghai facilities. Blades are sold in cartons 5, 10 or boxes of 100.

Super Gillete Blue
GIllette Super thin
Gillette Rubie Ultra Stainless
Gillette Super Nacet

These are all the same blades which have the same platinum coating and are sold in 5 / 5+1 , 100 /120. All made at the same Shanghai P&G facility. I remember shaving with Gillette Super Blue and Super thin and they felt exaclty the same Decent sharpness and decent smoothness, maybe 2 shaves and I binned the blades. Super Thins I had a lot of them.

It appears as though Gillette have two blade types sold for the Asian market.
Interesting. Got a reliable source to buy them from?

The photos on B&B look dodgy and smell of RunWei Blade. Packaging looks different to the one on the OP there.

The kicker for me is the cardboard box looks like it splitting on the crease again. Classic RunWei fakes if that is the case. I would love clearer photos.

By all means grab a few, just don't buy cases of them until you know they are good.

The photos on B&B look dodgy and smell of RunWei Blade. Packaging looks different to the one on the OP there.

The kicker for me is the cardboard box looks like it splitting on the crease again. Classic RunWei fakes if that is the case. I would love clearer photos.

By all means grab a few, just don't buy cases of them until you know they are good.

Each SE Asian region will have slightly different packaging. The Thai ones will have Thai writing for distributer information, Philippines will also have slighly different writing as well. The distributor for all the London Bridge branded blades for SE Asia is in Indonesia. Thai ones come in a 10 pack, Philippines ones are a 5 pack.

Last edited:
The pack does say "Made in China, Packed in China".

That's enough for me. I have encountered some horrible blades from China, and no good ones. My skin is getting a bit more fragile as I get older, and I'm not going to punish myself. I haven't been that bad...
Yes the pack said is made in China, but, the Gillette factory is from Shanghai base in China

Each SE Asian region will have slightly different packaging. The Thai ones will have Thai writing for distributer information, Philippines will also have slighly different writing as well. The distributor for all the London Bridge branded blades for SE Asia is in Indonesia. Thai ones come in a 10 pack, Philippines ones are a 5 pack.

Finally I can see the manufacture date 30th Nov 2019, they’re new into market stage.

The pack does say "Made in China, Packed in China".

That's enough for me. I have encountered some horrible blades from China, and no good ones. My skin is getting a bit more fragile as I get older, and I'm not going to punish myself. I haven't been that bad...

The Gillette Super Thins are a decent blade. "The Best a Man Can Get " from China anyway.

If you want to try I will send you one.

An unopened early PIF from @eggbert cannot find a date but there are few obvious differences beside the plastic dispenser, country of origin and colour
qeVdDNF.jpg
MdZnkey.png

Registration trade mark, line above castle arches, and grid on gate under the bridge

The Gillette Super Thins are a decent blade. "The Best a Man Can Get " from China anyway.

If you want to try I will send you one.
Thanks for the offer, but I've just had a notification from AusPost that my Vector should be arriving tomorrow. So I'll probably be spending at least the next few weeks trying out the AC blades you sent me... :D

i used mine quite a while ago. Was horrendous from memory
Really? The ones I have tried have been some of the best blades I've ever used.
I have bought two loads of these though. Wonder if you got a different batch