Gillette Minora Stainless.

rhodes96

... is THE man!
Grand Society
2020 Charity Auction Winner
The new production Gillette Minora Stainless, are these the replacement for the now out of production Gillette Stainless?

I have not tested this myself but from reports and those I have spoken too this maybe so.

@Razor Burn would you be able to shave a Gillette Stainless now and do a comparison to the Stainless Minora?

If this is confirmed I suggest everyone stock up a lifetime supply, and be content you have one of the best DE razor blades ever produced.

Please be aware there are two different Minora blades produced There is a platinum coated one which is good, but not it's not the Stainless blade.

I will start my next shaves in the Rocca and see how they compare.

@SpeedyPC if you need some Stainless Minora, let me know and I will send you a few tucks for your thoughts.

The new production Gillette Minora Stainless, are these the replacement for the now out of production Gillette Stainless?

I have not tested this myself but from reports and those I have spoken too this maybe so.

@Razor Burn would you be able to shave a Gillette Stainless now and do a comparison to the Stainless Minora?

If this is confirmed I suggest everyone stock up a lifetime supply, and be content you have one of the best DE razor blades ever produced.

Please be aware there are two different Minora blades produced There is a platinum coated one which is good, but not it's not the Stainless blade.

@SpeedyPC if you need some Stainless Minora, let me know and I will send you a few tucks for your thoughts.
Any suggestions for a reliable source for either blade?

I'm more than happy to oblige as was hoping to test the Gillette Stainless in an upcoming shave for personal comparison but will give them a go in my next shave.

I hope your information is on the money. As great as the Wizamets & Yellows pair with my beloved Rocca's I'm yet to experience a blade that shaves as close with even regrowth after 14+ hours and no redness or irritation, post shave burn...? :unsure:

I 'bought' 100 of them from wish4blades (evilbay seller).
Took about 3 weeks to arrive, and he had sent Gillette Yellow instead ('cos they look the same!).
Got a refund, kept the blades as too dear to send back to him (his decision).
I too would like to know how good/bad they are.

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's a Minora

When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine
That's a Minora

Not sure how they shave though.

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's a Minora

When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine
That's a Minora

Not sure how they shave though.

Smooth as a Rubie, sharp as a Nacet and efficient as a Yellow.
My favourite Gillette blade thus far! :eek:

:
What I have worked out and finally unlocked the mystery of which blade the Minora Platinum is in the Gillette blade line up.

The Minora Platinum I believe is the same blade as the Gillette Platinum sold in the European market.(referenced as the light blue) Identical feel for sharpness and smoothness. These light blue Platinums ( in the dark blue pack:rolleyes:) are a different blade to the other Gillette Platinums referenced as the dark blue Platinums ( light coloured pack:rolleyes:).

Now hoping these current PPI produced Minora Stainless blades are the same as the discontinued Gillette Stainless. FYI the Minora labelling is intended for the South African market.

I see how that would work just like Polsilver Super Iridium's and Wizamets are the same blade but marketed differently?! :unsure:

I find the Platinum's OK in most razors but fairly average in the Rocca for whatever reason...? (n)

The Minora Platinum I believe is the same blade as the Gillette Platinum sold in the European market.(referenced as the light blue) Identical feel for sharpness and smoothness. These light blue Platinums ( in the dark blue pack:rolleyes:) are a different blade to the other Gillette Platinums referenced as the dark blue Platinums ( light coloured pack:rolleyes:).
Umm... thanks for clarifying that! :)

I see how that would work just like Polsilver Super Iridium's and Wizamets are the same blade but marketed differently?! :unsure:

I find the Platinum's OK in most razors but fairly average in the Rocca for whatever reason...? (n)

Did you try the ones I sent you in the dark blue packaging?
These are a good blade.
The other ones in the lighter packaging that have been round for years, I found them very average. One average shave in the Rocca, and had to bin after that as it irritated me to no end. Those Gillette platinums for what ever reason I never got along with.

Did you try the ones I sent you in the dark blue packaging?
These are a good blade.
The other ones in the lighter packaging that have been round for years, I found them very average. One average shave in the Rocca, and had to bin after that as it irritated me to no end. Those Gillette platinums for what ever reason I never got along with.
Haven't tried them yet but will look to do so soon. (y)

@rhodes96 how many total shaves did you get out of the Gillette Stainless (red & white) using the Rocca? 30 something maximum, because, I would like to see how far the Gillette Minora Stainless reaches the maximum using the Rocca total shaves.

33 shaves and I retired the blade. Still had plenty of life in it.

After this morning's very nice shave with the Rocca and the Minora stainless, I am also keen to see how far it will go. @Razor Burn is already a few shaves in on the Rocca and Minora blades.