2ME46ZC.jpg

kGYeaqx.jpg

1wyyaxY.jpg

And well I cleaned it up a bit hope my son likes it

miNSrm5.jpg

DaLfLKu.jpg

laaO8XH.jpg

Zgl6eQO.jpg

Jeez, hooda thunk a gem (no pun intended) was beneath all that crap?
Excellent work, take a round of applause!!
About a month or so ago, I posted a "Wanted" for a New Improved. Saw a few crappy ones on evil-Bay and laughed! Looks like the laugh was on me:banghead: 'cos they're gone now.

Last edited:
Man nice work! That looks amazing.

How long did the restoration take you? Is it much if a process?

@58FB lovely restore and polish. Did you use a Dremel or mechanical brush/wheel? Also and gold left on it or polished away.
Interested in the restore process as have two old Gillettes that need a good clean and polish.

@58FB lovely restore and polish. Did you use a Dremel or mechanical brush/wheel? Also and gold left on it or polished away.
Interested in the restore process as have two old Gillettes that need a good clean and polish.
Pre soak in some warm soapy water and a gentle scrub with a toothbrush will remove any built up gunk etc. on the razor. After that use some metal polish (specific to the type of metal you are polishing of course) and elbow grease. A Dremel with the small buffing wheel attachment will help with the tougher areas. Be careful as it is easy to eat through the coating on some of the razors. An ultrasonic cleaner would possibly help as well.

Well there you go lads follow @nsavage & good luck

@nsavage thank you.
But it didn't answer my question.
Wanted to know if @58FB achieved what he did with just elbow grease or mechanical intervention. Brasso and a Dremel (especially the teeth) can get a shine like this but strips any plating away.
etc etc hence the question.
I want to know his technique please.

Thanks @RustyBlade it is much as a few are assuming, elbow grease and mechanical but application of each as required. In the case of this Gillette NEW she was 80% by hand 20% by mechanical. However, it's like riding a bike you get better the more you try. I have been giving TLC as I call it for over 2 years + and a few of the lads on here can attest to razors I have looked after and given them some TLC & Tuning whether it be a 3 piece or a Slim/FatBoy.

Pertiner can be stuffed easily so if you or anyone plans to give it a go don't rush it go slow and use a razor that does not overly make you cry if you do cook it