Gillette platinum

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Just wondering how these compare to say nacet or GSB?

Shame, most of the Russians are good

I quite like the GP blades. Very smooth for me but tossed after 3 shaves on average.
What i don't like is how much wax they use to hold the blade in the wrapper!

I quite like the GP blades. Very smooth for me but tossed after 3 shaves on average.
What i don't like is how much wax they use to hold the blade in the wrapper!
I like the wax, makes using the hole punch in the blade to fit the wardonia a lot easier

I find the Platinums quite OK in a mild razor (such as my Mamba, or NEW SC).
Used them in the Timeless and they're tolerable. Not brilliant, but they work.
Better than Sputniks, Voskhods, etc though.
I think I have about another 80 or so to use. Will give one a whirl over the next few days in the Timeless and the Piccolo, and report back!

I get a maximum of 7 shaves with the Gillette Platinum which isn't too bad, however, the price for 100 blades I had last year cost me more than the 100 blades of Polsilver Super Iridium.

Im halfway through a tuck of Platinum's at the moment. Have to say I really like them, very impressed.

I only have Astra Green and Feather's in my stable normally but I may have to branch out for a carton of Platinum's.

Im halfway through a tuck of Platinum's at the moment. Have to say I really like them, very impressed.

I only have Astra Green and Feather's in my stable normally but I may have to branch out for a carton of Platinum's.
Should I come across some I’ll have to give em a go

Used a Platinum in the Piccolo today.
Very nice, smooth shave. No complaints at all.
I've been using them for about 6 years now, and never struck a bad one.
Whereas, with the Gillette Yellows (which I also like), I do get the odd one that's a tad rough.
Maybe just a QC thing, but not a 'biggy'. If a couple of blades in every 100 is a tad rough then I can live with that.
I think on a sharpness level I'd rate first to Yellows, GSB's, and then Platinums.
Certainly not a bad blade and well worth trying.

Last edited:
These are my go to blades currently.

3 consistent smooth BBS shaves, then they are rubbish for me.

For me, they feel and behave similar to polsilver /wizamet blades.