Gillette Rubie blade real or fake? or which is the latest package label

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day P&C,

Found something strange online and I can't tell which is real or fake ???? or which is the latest package label

2x7bNKo.jpg
lezviya-gillette-rubie-platinum-plus.jpg

Yeah they don't look like the ones in your original pic so you might be OK? Looks like the dodgy box is the giveaway.

The whole fake blade thing sounds fishy to me, I mean surly if they are going to the effort of counterfitting blades it seems the blade box graphics would be one of the easiest things to get correct.

Since you are quoting my blog.... which I haven't updated in ages either...

The giveaway with the fake blades is the cracking of the surface of the cardboard they make the packs from. When they run a creasewheel over it, then bend it to form the box, the cardboard cracks. The fakes will also be loose in most cases, not mounted on a tuck, generally never with cellowrap either. Each of these things costs money and therefore lowers their profit.

It looks like the new branding is 'Gillette Rubie Plus'. If you get them from Maggards you should be okay, but plenty of people bought from reputable dealers (who sourced some stock from eBay) and got Fakeidiums so you never can be sure.