Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Oh dear!

A friend sent me this story from The Australian -

What is it? The last word in gentlemen’s luxury: a $300 heated razor!

WTF? What sort of cashed-up wuss are you? Look, think of it as the latest weapon in the ongoing arms race that is men’s razors. It’s meant to replicate the feel of a hot towel shave by an old-school barber.

How does it work? Press the button on the handle and a little metal strip on the razor head instantly heats up (there are two settings: 50ºC or 43ºC). The head – which boasts five blades – swivels and pivots in all sorts of ways. It’s nicely designed, with a premium feel.

Is it waterproof? Yup, so you can use it in the shower. When you’re done, it’ll charge wirelessly on its handsome docking stand.

Anything else? Yes, the missus sidled over as I was unboxing it and whispered creepily, “You should shave your whole body with it.” #cabinfever

$299; four-pack of heads, $39. gillette.com.au

So I had to search - and it is real: GilleteLabs Heated Razor for Men Starter Kit

01_Primary_Heated_Razor_DT_New.jpg

Of course, there is no way I would buy it (although with 100 reviews it seems the somebody has) until I read the review from @Errol - you onto it mate?

Oh dear!

Of course, there is no way I would buy it (although with 100 reviews it seems the somebody has) until I read the review from @Errol - you onto it mate?

Thanks for letting me know of that one. Somehow it’s slipped through without me seeing it, can’t catch them all you know. With the cold water tap being just failing to be hot enough to make a cup of tea up here in the middle of the wet, I’m wondering if the heater bars will cool the water. This sounds like one that should be reviewed so I’ll put it on the list of razors to keep an eye on, back page right down the bottom.