Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

32" and he STILL can't focus his camera on it... :p

You think I want you reading what is on my screen?

This was actually the second shot I took - the first one had email in the column on the left and a work document on the right - both of which were very legible on the IMGUR site when I uploaded for take one!

Picked up a new to me, but second hand with 37k shutter count, Canon 6D. My first entry into full frame digital -

375px-Canon_EOS_6D_front.JPG

Photo from the Wikipedia entry on the camera.

Birthday lot
So impressed by quality and longevity of Ryobi One+ drill splurged out on a few extra tools.
Couldn't resist having some shaving gear amongst them.
DG Weinstrasse soap, aftershave, EDT and a few wish list neglected razors Filarmonica #13, MK 31, Crown & Sword 1720

RAHtFhe.jpg

Birthday lot
So impressed by quality and longevity of Ryobi One+ drill splurged out on a few extra tools.
Couldn't resist having some shaving gear amongst them.
DG Weinstrasse soap, aftershave, EDT and a few wish list neglected razors Filarmonica #13, MK 31, Crown & Sword 1720

RAHtFhe.jpg

hey mate.. I have the ryobi one+ hammer drill, its awesome and also the blower and whipper snipper, very impressed with the range.. next on the list is the lantern.. perfect for fishing

hey mate.. I have the ryobi one+ hammer drill, its awesome and also the blower and whipper snipper, very impressed with the range.. next on the list is the lantern.. perfect for fishing
Cheers @StratMan I cannot fault the drill it has exceeded expectations for battery life, longevity and build quality. Hopefully the other tools live up to new expectations. Next on my wishlist is the One+ 18v chainsaw

Cheers @StratMan I cannot fault the drill it has exceeded expectations for battery life, longevity and build quality. Hopefully the other tools live up to new expectations. Next on my wishlist is the One+ 18v chainsaw

If my lawnmower ever dies (still going strong 20+ years later) I will certainly get the brushless mower.. my mum has one, this thing is super quiet with more power than my petrol powered mower

let me know how the chainsaw goes if you end up with one

IMG-20210218-153213.jpg

Finally, only 10kg of the most sublime coffee known to mankind, courtesy of Coffee Snobs. Here's the blurb:

"You would have to be insane to try and land Yemeni beans in the middle of a civil war and during a global pandemic, welcome to CoffeeSnobs!
Yemen can be a difficult origin anytime but this crop it was even more complicated. It took about a month to get the beans from the farms and across the country to the coast and when it arrived there serious fighting on the docks meant no ships were coming into port. It was another month at the docks before we could get it on a ship heading the wrong direction (but at least away from the trouble). It took another 4 more ships to hop them around the world and get it to Melbourne on the 4th Feb..."

Just in case anyone thought wet shavers were nuts...

IMG-20210218-153213.jpg

Finally, only 10kg of the most sublime coffee known to mankind, courtesy of Coffee Snobs. Here's the blurb:

"You would have to be insane to try and land Yemeni beans in the middle of a civil war and during a global pandemic, welcome to CoffeeSnobs!
Yemen can be a difficult origin anytime but this crop it was even more complicated. It took about a month to get the beans from the farms and across the country to the coast and when it arrived there serious fighting on the docks meant no ships were coming into port. It was another month at the docks before we could get it on a ship heading the wrong direction (but at least away from the trouble). It took another 4 more ships to hop them around the world and get it to Melbourne on the 4th Feb..."

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

IMG-20210218-153213.jpg

Please let me know how you find these beans. I have been interested in this brand for a while.:love:

Yes I am a big coffee snob.

Well after getting the 6D (full frame) DSLR I have spent my 'fun money' on some "new" to me (second hand) glass -

h22LnpDl.jpg

A basic 'Nifty Fifty' 50mm prime lens (so sharp!) -

YqwRRrRl.jpg

The Life Size Converter (DUH!) which works with my EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro Lens

N1pV2NGl.jpg

A 24 - 105 EF zoom, because while I have a 75 - 300 EF mount zoom I my shorter zoom was the kit EF-S one with doesn't work with the full-frame cameras -
wCCrkgNl.jpg

Got the 'L' series to see if that makes me take better pics!

Please let me know how you find these beans. I have been interested in this brand for a while.:love:

Yes I am a big coffee snob.
I've had the Ismaili before, last time was 2 or 3 years ago (that's how hard it is to get), and i kept aside a small bag of green beans (carefully vacuum packed) against the day when Yemen no longer exists, and I've just roasted it. Andy Freeman describes it as “if I was stranded on desert island and could only take one coffee it would be the Yemen Mokha Ismaili", and i agree. Infinitely variable according to how you roast it. I haven't had the Hamasil Village before, but I'm confident that it'll be fantastic.

Coffee Snobs is a great little outfit (maybe not so little any more), I've been dealing with them for about 15 years, maybe more. I've never had a poor coffee from them. Not once.

IMG-20210218-153213.jpg

Love the bags. I repurpose mine as shoe bags, bread bags etc.

IMG-20210218-153213.jpg

Lol.

Another snobby. What setup do you have.

I grabbed some too.

So. In short, I see the same group of people in my watch forums, shaving forums, shoe forums and coffee forums.

Strange that our interests are so similar