Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Wilkshire13

The Torch Whisperer
People these days will not believe that when I left home at 17, there was still no electricity connected to the family home. We relied on a couple of Tilley pressure lights in the kitchen, and a wick kerosene lantern in the bathroom. Dad was a light sleeper and kept a Big Jim torch beside the bed where he could immediately put his hand on it if one of us kids moved. I think that's where my fascination with torches began and I've always had a good torch with me.
Lately though my obsession has grown. Black Friday sales are in full swing and when this torch was offered at $200 off I bit the bullet this morning. It's a Olight X9R Marauder 25,000lumen monster.

Beast of a torch, been eyeing one off for a while but the Minister for Finance has advised that if one arrived I'd find it firmly entrenched where it will never get to shine (unless I bend over).
I highly recommend the Marauder 2 as a smaller alternative for massive flood and spot. If thats too big, the Warrior 3 is a good mix of flood and throw.

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Call that a torch, THIS is a torch ...

... Black Friday sales are in full swing and when this torch was offered at $200 off I bit the bullet this morning. It's a Olight X9R Marauder 25,000lumen monster.

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
People these days will not believe that when I left home at 17, there was still no electricity connected to the family home. We relied on a couple of Tilley pressure lights in the kitchen, and a wick kerosene lantern in the bathroom. Dad was a light sleeper and kept a Big Jim torch beside the bed where he could immediately put his hand on it if one of us kids moved. I think that's where my fascination with torches began and I've always had a good torch with me.
Lately though my obsession has grown. Black Friday sales are in full swing and when this torch was offered at $200 off I bit the bullet this morning. It's a Olight X9R Marauder 25,000lumen monster.

What a monster. I was only just using my Warrior X Pro an hour ago, thinking it's so powerful, it doesn't actually get used all that often. You could almost light up the moon with that thing. (y)
the Minister for Finance has advised that if one arrived I'd find it firmly entrenched where it will never get to shine (unless I bend over).
I wouldn't even like to imagine that amount of heat in there... :eek::eek:

My most-used torches are your Perun headlamp and the Warrior Mini.

I'm looking forward to the Weekly Razor Review when you use this sucker to BURN your stubble off! Efficient, yes; Smooth, wellll....; Lots of balm needed after that shave!

Wilkshire13

The Torch Whisperer
What a monster. I was only just using my Warrior X Pro an hour ago, thinking it's so powerful, it doesn't actually get used all that often. You could almost light up the moon with that thing. (y)

I wouldn't even like to imagine that amount of heat in there... :eek::eek:

My most-used torches are your Perun headlamp and the Warrior Mini.
My most used is currently the Lumintop FW4A, 3600 lumen pocket monster closely followed by the Olight S1R Baton II

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer